1710Re: Was: What the Heckankar? Now: If It Is Not Too Dark

  • Elizabeth
    Oct 23, 2006
      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "skardicus"
      <skardicus@...> wrote:
      > I'm genuinely curious what each of you have filled that blank with
      > today and even more curious for those of you who haven't filled it
      > back in.
      > Blank Skard

      *** It can be called "Blank", and then again it can be
      called "Life". Go Out And Experience it. No need to fill it with
      another person's version of what a religion or spiritual path is!

      If It Is Not Too Dark

      Go for a walk, if it is not too dark.
      Get some fresh air, try to smile.
      Say something kind
      To a safe-looking stranger, if one happens by.

      Always exercise your heart's knowing.

      You might as well attempt something real
      Along this path:

      Take your spouse or lover into your arms
      The way you did when you first met.
      Let tenderness pour from your eyes
      The way the Sun gazes warmly on the earth.

      Play a game with some children.
      Extend yourself to a friend.
      Sing a few ribald songs to your pets and plants -
      Why not let them get drunk and wild!

      Let's toast
      Every rung we've climbed on Evolution's ladder.
      Whisper, "I love you! I love you!"
      To the whole mad world.

      Let's stop reading about God -
      We will never understand Him.

      Jump to your feet, wave your fists,
      Threaten and warn the whole Universe

      That your heart can no longer live
      Without real love!

      ~ Hafiz ~

      (I Heard God Laughing - Renderings of Hafiz by Daniel Ladinsky)

      Web version: www.panhala.net/Archive/If_It_Is_Not_Too_Dark.html

      Web archive of Panhala postings: www.panhala.net/Archive/Index.html
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic