1707Re: What the Heckankar? LOL The Reign of the LEM (NOT)

  • skardicus
    Oct 22, 2006
      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Tyger Purr"
      <tygerpurr@...> wrote:

      For those of us in the Western World, especially in the U.S. we've
      been trained from birth to be entertained. Intrigued, fascinated,
      stirred with phenomena, excited by sensation. Los Angeles dying from
      earthquakes, different races taking over - it all makes typical
      ingredients of bad sci-fi.

      When I was first reading the eck material at age 14-15 - I was
      intrigued and entertained well enough to buy more books, go to the
      live phenomena of the seminars and develop live relationships with the
      people of this fascinating and sensational relgion.

      It's my personal opinion that the basic human nervous system as it
      achieves cognition - requires a belief system. The best way to ever
      convey a message is through a technique called edutainment. Entertain
      as you transmit your significant signal.

      Paul wrote (I'm not going to quote) something those of us who've
      exited eck-stage left might take to heart. He wrote that it was good
      to be born in a church but bad to die there. Of course at that time
      eckankar wasn't considered a church or a religion. Nonetheless I
      agree that as we psychologically attain adulthood (some may not
      acquire that with biological maturity)that we should start to build
      our own belief system, start to challenge institutions, the old guard,
      relative authority, etc. The information-paradigm we are faced with
      today is that either you decide what you will believe in or someone
      will influence, tell, imprint, mindfuck, etc you into a belief
      convenient for someone else's agenda.

      Paul commiting mass plagerism isn't nearly as significant as whether
      or not the material he puts out does what you want it to. What was
      you true hope, your unmet need that led you to buy those eck books,
      sign of for that membership, etc. There is a blank in each of us that
      we either temporarily fill or permanentally fill. The blank looks
      like this "The world, the universe, everything I know and don't is
      understood through <blank>." At one time most of us had "eckankar" in
      that blank. Now we don't.

      I'm genuinely curious what each of you have filled that blank with
      today and even more curious for those of you who haven't filled it
      back in.

      Blank Skard
      > Here's a quote from the Eck Vydya that shows just how egomaniacal and
      > mythomaniacal the Heckankar religion can be. LOL
      > Re: End of Days eckankar
      > Annnd, here it is!
      > " Those who seek the wisdom of the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad cannot find
      > it except through the spiritual assistance of the living ECK Master.
      > It is he alone who is responsible for taking the individual into the
      > other worlds to study with the varied ECK Masters who teach out of the
      > books of the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad. Here they learn those prophecies such
      > as when the world is going to come to an end through the terrible
      > destruction of fire and water; the drowning of the city of Los Angeles
      > and most of the west coast by earthquakes and the sea; the terrible
      > moon plague which will visit the earth and destroy much of its
      > population; the upheaval of the central plains of eastern Europe and
      > the formation of a new chain of mountains; the assassination of the
      > various political figures of nations of the world, and the awful
      > devastation of World War III.
      > These books also give the triumph of the yellow race and the red
      > tyrant who will sit upon the necks of the masses of people. They speak
      > of the Mahanta, the living ECK Master, who comes again to save the
      > world from complete destruction, and to return as many Souls to the
      > heavenly kingdom as possible during his reign on earth.
      > The prophecies of Nostradamus will be forgotten after one reads
      > and studies those revelations which are in the ninth book of the
      > Sharyat-Ki-Sugmad. ......."
      > Ancient Science of Prophecy
      > P. 116
      > by Paul Twitchell (CHARLATAN)