1674Re: Eckankar: 07/2006 Letter of Light - Questions for the Master...#2

    Sep 28, 2006
      Hi Mish,
      You make some very good points on both the weight/fear 'problem' and
      the age range for Eck Youths.

      BTW - I recently saw a show on the Discovery Health channel
      titled "Obese at 16." It seems that this young boy was born with a
      obesity gene that lowers the body's metabolic rate. Now, this may
      have been a karmic result for him and his parents, and as well as
      others. Or not! Anyway, the weight problem was Not created by him
      because of a lack of self-esteem or confidence, although, I'm sure
      that self-esteem and confidence issues resulted from the weight
      problem. Once again, Klemp misses the mark, doesn't get it, can't
      see the specifics or the big picture, and just can't relate to
      others!

      mishmisha wrote:

      Hi, All!

      I was thinking Klemp should have directed her to an eck master or
      another eck entity within the eckankar spiritual hierarchy that
      oversees this specific problem. He doesn't really offer any solution
      but as pointed out, Klemp just hands it back to the chela, blaming
      her for the fat cells. But then again many people, including
      eckists, have weight problems. Of course many seekers join groups
      like eckankar in search of finding and building their self-esteem
      and confidence after lacking it a good portion of their lives. But
      eckankar actually impedes this development even more, requiring that
      the chela rely on a fake master and spend much time HUing and
      cutting themselves more off from the world. The social circle
      narrows around the very small eck community and the chela finds it
      more difficult to deal with the real world. It becomes almost
      impossible to separate from such an inclusive group, because the
      dependency and loyalty to the group becomes so great. However, an
      individual who develops healthy self-esteem and confidence would not
      need to associate with a controlling group like eckankar. I'm sure
      this chela must feel more unworthy after reading Klemp's response to
      her problems.

      As to the age for eck youth, up to age 25--well, that's rather
      ridiculous. Most people by that age have been married a few years
      and probably have children of their own. Seems to be an enforced
      delay in maturity being pushed by the mahanta, but then look at how
      socially immature he has been most of his life, so I guess age 25
      would still be considered juvenile for him??? Arrested development?
      LOL! Just imagine being of age (25 years old) to run for the U.S.
      House of Representatives and listed on your qualifications
      statement, it reads you are an eckankar youth! I wonder how many
      votes of confidence one would get with that! : )

      Klemp's focus seems always on the Negative. He finds fault and
      blames this chela while ignoring the possible medical aspects of
      her weight problem.

      Q: "How do I learn to truly love myself and build self-esteem?

      I have struggled with self-esteem, weight issues, and a lack of
      confidence for many years. I have read many ECK books searching
      for the answer, but I still don't know. Is there a practical tool or
      spiritual exercise that will help? Plus, what is the spiritual
      significance of such a barrier?"

      S.M., age 25
      Queenland, Australia

      HK: "There is a single reason for the three problems you
      mentioned. It is simply fear.

      We may fear another's rejection.

      So we, in FACT, line up a bunch of EXCUSES for the occasion when
      someone does reject us. And yet, we're thus laying the groundwork
      for future unhappiness too. [my caps] We gain weight to be
      unattractive. BUT in doing so, we also shut the door on possible
      opportunities to meet people who could bring us happiness.

      Poor self-esteem and a lack of self-confidence are, for the most
      part, the very same problem.

      What's at play here? A fear of rejection!

      To counter such a possibility, we go halfway to meet any and all
      rejections before they even get a chance to occur. It is an
      upside-down way of living. We go to great lengths to make negative
      expressions of fear come true. It's no wonder we're unhappy, isn't
      it?

      The question now is, What to do about it?

      So fear is your assailant. Love is the antidote. Whenever you become
      aware of fear trying to throw you back into old, negative patterns,
      know that SUGMAD, the ECK, and the Mahanta do love you. In
      recognition of this divine love, sweetly sing one of the holy names.
      This will gradually let you love yourself and build self-esteem."
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic