1379Sifting Through the Lies of PT's Eckankar !

    May 2, 2006
      Hi All,
      Swimming through the lies of Twitchell is worse than swimming with
      sharks and getting bit! The problem with trying to sift through the
      lies in the Eck(ankar) teachings in order to find "truth" is that
      truth and fiction are intertwined. And, even the quality of
      these "truths" are questionable. These other sources for "truth"
      that Twitchell used are Not necessarily the highest! So, one needs
      to be really cautious when sifting through and accepting anything
      that Twitchell used in any and all of his books!

      Some of the fiction that Twitchell came up with are: the Eck
      Initiations; the Eck Masters; the Rod of Eck Power and the Mahanta!
      These were all creations for Twitchell's religious scam and new
      vocation! Therefore, just look at everything else, in the Eck dogma,
      that are tied into these basic lies! Gross and Klemp were fooled
      too, at first. However, they soon realized, after taking power as
      the LEM/Mahanta, that the Mahanta Consciousness too was a hoax!

      Eckankar is a crutch like every other religion out there and,
      therefore, Eckists will always be taught to "need" their crutch!
      There will never be independence, Self-Mastery, and Spiritual
      Freedom for Eckists! The Initiation carrot will always keep them in
      the race. Besides, it feels good for Eckists' egos to "know" that
      they are the most evolved Souls on all Planes of Consciousness! LOL!
      However, I must admit that it is nice to feel safe and secure...
      only for REAL! When will the Eck eaglets ever grow the feathers to
      leave the nest and soar on their own - Never! If Klemp has his way!

      mishmisha wrote:

      Hi, Kaye and All!

      TS has a new post on his BB, 4/30/2006, "Weekly Posting: Response to
      Q Whan on Plagiarism and Other Matters" which goes along in part
      with this other repost (below) from the Truth Seeker Message Board,
      regarding PT's plagiarism of the Buddha quote.

      Ford Johnson writes:
      "I have maintained in Confessions that I was able to overcome the
      charges of plagiarism in my earlier reading of Lane's work because I
      too was not so concerned with the source of the statement as long as
      it represented the truth--to the degree that the writer saw and
      understood that truth. But Paul did not live up to this standard and
      that is why the old rationale of looking past the idiosyncrasies of
      Paul, lifting the works of others i.e. plagiarism, could no longer
      be overlooked.

      Through uncovering and analyzing his many techniques of distortion
      and brainwashing, it became clear that the intentions of this man
      were not noble as I had assumed. I had to search into the mysteries
      of mythomania (pathological lying) before any reconciling principle
      could be found to explain the actions of a person who appeared
      sincere and working from the highest principles on the one hand yet
      continuously engaged in lying of the most extensive, often
      unnecessaary, and obviously refutable type.

      QUESTIONED(my caps).

      This is the strategy of the 'great lie' about which he was most
      familiar and used extensively.

      That is why reading Paul has been equated with swimming with sharks.
      A lie can pop out at any time to bite, i.e. infect the store of
      information that has been allowed into our consciousness as truth."
      [end of quote]

      Ford further states: "Many now in Eckankar can not bear to read
      Confessions. They are simply not prepared to confront information
      that they suspect can dislocate their comfortable equilibrium. This
      is ego's way of protecting them now because they really can't deal
      with truth at this time. They are not willing to go through the
      dislocation that truth will foster if they seek a new equilibrium.
      While this is the inevitable process of spiritual growth, ego
      protects each of us until we are ready to handle the next dose of
      truth. That is why a love for, indeed the imperative of truth, is
      the most important ingredient in the spiritual unfoldment of the
      individual. Some of us are truth-seekers while others are,
      temporarily at least, 'gate keepers.'"

      It seems to me, that even some former eckists continue to have a
      problem with acknowledging the "imperative of truth." They cling to
      what they held so dearly in the eck teachings, maintaining that
      these were truths they would not have found elsewhere, that Paul
      gave them so much, etc. But when in fact, the truths/valuable
      lessons were stolen and Paul had just signed his name to them!
      Priscus was happy to discover that the "Is it true, is it necessary,
      is it kind" quote originated outside of eckankar. He valued it, but
      now knowing that it did not from PT or Rebazar or eckankar, he can
      let go of another org lie. He says it is wonderful to know this real

      I realize it is hard to look at what we once thought was true but is
      clearly a lie. Our ego will rationalize to cushion that shock and/or
      denial, but the greatest freedom does come from facing truth head-
      on, acknowledging it in its entirety. There is no shame in being
      duped or deceived, because now we see. Now we know, and we should
      say as Priscus did--it's "wonderful!" And we need to share what we
      learned with others!

      eyesopen wrote:

      Hi everyone,
      I read this great post on the Truth Seeker site and wanted to share
      it with you.

      Have Fun.

      The eck Quote by Buddha: " True, Necessary, Kind"

      Hello, Priscus!

      Thank you for asking where I found the quote by Buddha. I read it on
      page 349, in Julian Johnson's book, published 1939, "The Path of the
      Masters." Julian Johnson wrote: "A rule laid down by the noble
      Buddha is a most excellent one for all men to follow. He (Buddha)
      said that if you propose to speak, always ask yourself—`is it true,
      is it necessary, is it kind?'" I used the quote, attributing it to
      Buddha, thinking that Harald might respond somewhat as you have. It
      is an often used quote by Eckists, and even the eck singing
      vahanas, "The Hindu Kush Mountain Boys Plus One," wrote a song based
      on it in the mid 80's and made the quote more popular and attributed
      to Eckankar. I did enjoy hearing this group perform on more than one
      occasion. I agree that it is a fine quote; however, it has been over-
      used in Eckankar when enforcing the Law of Silence, so it is an eck
      suppression tool. It's interesting, that at one time, JPT once spoke
      of this as being the "art of silence." You may recall that Usually
      Skeptical (Nacal) showed how Klemp did not follow this rule himself
      in regards to the Postal Worker story. I have been reading Klemp's
      latest book, "Those Wonderful ECK Masters," and have noted that
      Klemp is now calling some chelas "losers," (found on page 211) so
      again it appears that Klemp continues to not apply this rule to

      In "Confessions of a God Seeker," Ford explains how Twitchell
      plagiarized from "The Path of the Masters," so it is rather evident
      that this quote is still another example of something that Twitchell
      plagiarized from other sources in creating Eckankar. In moving away
      from the eck experience, it does help to sort out what you found
      valuable and be able to learn that those "truths" originated else
      where, and you can then believe that you might very well have found
      them yourself in other sources which attribute them rightfully to
      their originator. It is my conclusion, and a helpful one for me, to
      realize that it is not necessary to credit and thank Eckankar for
      spiritual growth, even though I had an experience there. Eckankar is
      not a necessary stepping stone on the spiritual path.

      Best Wishes,
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic