Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Whats the best program to use to create WAV ID's for Echol...

  • John Wilcox / NS1Z
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 13, 2003
      Permission granted!
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: KBns1@...
      Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 1:20 PM
      Subject: Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Whats the best program to use to create WAV ID's for Echol...

      I want to unsubscribe from Echolinks   Ken Bones  Gi4ERM

    • kc4qlp@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 15, 2003
        In a message dated 3/13/03 2:57:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, moorerl@... writes:

        I have used the sound recorder that comes with windows.  Just remember that
        you can only record a file up one minute long and no more.

        It depends on the settings and the HD space you have.
        Also the sound recorder/player will convert any .wav file to 8-bit PCM Mono format. I've used this to convert several .wav from Echostation for use with Echolink

        Bob Carter
        Operations/Engineering--Max Media Radio Group
        WGAI-NewsRadio 560 AM Stereo .., WCXL 104.1 Beach 104..., WQDK 99.3
        Q-Country..., WWOC 94.5 WaterCountry 94.5
        Mid-Atlantic Engineering Services--providing radio stations with engineering
        services in the middle eastern Atlantic area.--Chief Engineer--WRCS-AM 970
        Ahoskie NC,WBXB-FM 100.1 Edenton NC,WURB-FM 97.7 Windsor NC,
        Ray Communications Radio Network-
        e-mail:matlnenginerinsc@...
        AM Stereo Radio list moderator-----
        amstereo-subcribe@...
        ------------------------KC4QLP  Amateur Radio------------------------------------------
                        Skywarn monitor-AKQ-Wakefield Va
                                   www.qsl.net/kc4qlp
        Echolink node # 56704 -- 146.590 VHF,440.850 UHF (PL 131.8)
                            Proposed Repeater-145.250

      • iscsiman
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 18, 2003
          Thanks for everyones input on creating wav file and conversion.
          I just got back from business trip and created several ID files
          today.

          The conversion process for earlier voice files I had also worked too.
          Which I'm glad Bob sent the following e-mail about too.

          Thanks a lot,

          73's

          Randy, WA0D