Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Whats the best program to use to create WAV ID's for Echol...

  • KBns1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 13, 2003
      I want to unsubscribe from Echolinks   Ken Bones  Gi4ERM
    • John Wilcox / NS1Z
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 13, 2003
        Permission granted!
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 15, 2003
          In a message dated 3/13/03 2:57:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, moorerl@... writes:

          I have used the sound recorder that comes with windows.  Just remember that
          you can only record a file up one minute long and no more.

          It depends on the settings and the HD space you have.
          Also the sound recorder/player will convert any .wav file to 8-bit PCM Mono format. I've used this to convert several .wav from Echostation for use with Echolink

          Bob Carter
          Operations/Engineering--Max Media Radio Group
          WGAI-NewsRadio 560 AM Stereo .., WCXL 104.1 Beach 104..., WQDK 99.3
          Q-Country..., WWOC 94.5 WaterCountry 94.5
          Mid-Atlantic Engineering Services--providing radio stations with engineering
          services in the middle eastern Atlantic area.--Chief Engineer--WRCS-AM 970
          Ahoskie NC,WBXB-FM 100.1 Edenton NC,WURB-FM 97.7 Windsor NC,
          Ray Communications Radio Network-
          e-mail:matlnenginerinsc@...
          AM Stereo Radio list moderator-----
          amstereo-subcribe@...
          ------------------------KC4QLP  Amateur Radio------------------------------------------
                          Skywarn monitor-AKQ-Wakefield Va
                                     www.qsl.net/kc4qlp
          Echolink node # 56704 -- 146.590 VHF,440.850 UHF (PL 131.8)
                              Proposed Repeater-145.250

        • iscsiman
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 18, 2003
            Thanks for everyones input on creating wav file and conversion.
            I just got back from business trip and created several ID files
            today.

            The conversion process for earlier voice files I had also worked too.
            Which I'm glad Bob sent the following e-mail about too.

            Thanks a lot,

            73's

            Randy, WA0D