Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Echolink Sysop Id?

  • Ken Gamble
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 10, 2003
      Ok Bob, good comments about broadcasting. FCC rules do not apply to us up here in Canada, and it has been common practice on the local repeaters to announce the function of the repeater ( autopatch, link, etc ) as well as upcoming club meetings. But your point is well taken, and I will make an effort to contact my local Radio Inspector and inquire as to the official position on that issue. Thanks for the idea.

      Ken
      VE3SNE-L
      eQSO Gateway
      Echo Link Node # 58082

      All outgoing messages scanned for viruses.
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 10, 2003
        Hi John - a repeater is only required to ID when the repeater is in use
        and every 10 minutes there after. It is not required to ID every 10
        minutes all the time. My Repeater immediately ID's when first keyed up
        after a period of no activity and then every 10 minutes until qso is
        over and then one final ID. It then sits and waits for the next period
        of activity then starts the cycle over again. 73 Johnny