Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Echolink Sysop Id?

  • Bob Moore
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 10, 2003

      Ken the thing you have to think about when your link is id'ing while there is no traffic is that the FCC calls that broadcasting and that is against part 97.
      A few years back there was a big problem with repeaters that id when no one had been using them.  I am not trying to blow your idea out of the water, just giving you something to think about.
      73's.
      Bob KA5ETA

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 10, 2003
          ---Hold up if the thing only Id's when its connected and your saying
          that it only Id's if theres traffic. Well if thats the fact then
          wouldnt all of the echolinks -L and -r be considered illegal for not
          Iding every ten minutes? Thats not something I want to hear! Basiclly
          it boils down to the control op being in control of the station,
          which I am and when it doesnt id itself I verbally Id the link but
          thats just me,all those other links and repeaters that the guys at
          work with no remote access now they also are not iding every 10
          minutes not a good thing. Then one post stated to use echostation but
          echostation cost's $20.00 bucks so to make your station legal you
          have to pay the cash and if you dont have one around purchase another
          sound card Hmmm. Something doesnt sound right! I could have swore
          when I first switched to the sysop version the thing Id no matter
          what? O well guess I will have to just stay linked to a conference
          the entire time the link is operational. No problem I prefer to hang
          in the conference servers anyway still dont like it though may be
          there's a fix in the latest update due out soon...

          In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Moore" <moorerl@s...> wrote:

          > Ken the thing you have to think about when your link is id'ing
          while there is no traffic is that the FCC calls that broadcasting and
          that is against part 97.
          > A few years back there was a big problem with repeaters that id
          when no one had been using them. I am not trying to blow your idea
          out of the water, just giving you something to think about.
          > 73's.
          > Bob KA5ETA

          Service.
        • kd5lwu
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 10, 2003
            Hi John - a repeater is only required to ID when the repeater is in use
            and every 10 minutes there after. It is not required to ID every 10
            minutes all the time. My Repeater immediately ID's when first keyed up
            after a period of no activity and then every 10 minutes until qso is
            over and then one final ID. It then sits and waits for the next period
            of activity then starts the cycle over again. 73 Johnny

            ---Hold up if the thing only Id's when its connected and your saying
            that it only Id's if theres traffic. Well if thats the fact then
            wouldnt all of the echolinks -L and -r be considered illegal for not
            Iding every ten minutes? Thats not something I want to hear! Basiclly
            it boils down to the control op being in control of the station,
            which I am and when it doesnt id itself I verbally Id the link but
            thats just me,all those other links and repeaters that the guys at
            work with no remote access now they also are not iding every 10
            minutes not a good thing. Then one post stated to use echostation but
            echostation cost's $20.00 bucks so to make your station legal you
            have to pay the cash and if you dont have one around purchase another
            sound card Hmmm. Something doesnt sound right! I could have swore
            when I first switched to the sysop version the thing Id no matter
            what? O well guess I will have to just stay linked to a conference
            the entire time the link is operational. No problem I prefer to hang
            in the conference servers anyway still dont like it though may be
            there's a fix in the latest update due out soon...

            In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Moore" <moorerl@s...> wrote:

            > Ken the thing you have to think about when your link is id'ing
            while there is no traffic is that the FCC calls that broadcasting and
            that is against part 97.
            > A few years back there was a big problem with repeaters that id
            when no one had been using them. I am not trying to blow your idea
            out of the water, just giving you something to think about.
            > 73's.
            > Bob KA5ETA

            Service.

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to