DTMF won't work any more

  • Bill Baker
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2003

      Has anyone had a problem with the internal DTMF decoder suddenly deciding not to work in the sysop mode? Mine has worked fine for months, but today, no deal. All settings were same as yesterday, when it worked ok. Don’t think it’s my Yaesu VX5R’s tone pad—they still work in other applications.

      I’ve re-installed EchoLink, but no change (EL evidently uses existing user files, and I don’t know where that is to delete it—may not make any difference anyway).

      Head-scratching…

      --Bill, NG4T

    • Bill Baker
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2003

        Bobby—

        That wasn’t it, but it was doggone close, and made me think of something else…

        I had set my RX equalizer to another filter setting from what I normally use. The newer setting was evidently notching out some of the tone harmonics---enough to make them unreadable. I reset the RX EQ and all works fine again. (I tried your DTMF settings and the default, and both work for me. Probably depends on what you use to generate the tones.)

        << Anybody with a Kenwood TS-2000, don’t use the Formant Pass EQ setting for your RX if you need it to pass DTMF tones for EchoLink. >>

        Tnx,

        --Bill, NG4T

        Bill in the dtmf setting on echolink try 5 15 8 see if that will
        help,that what i have to run my setting at befor the dtmf will work.

        Bobbby/N2BR
        N2BR-L #27353
        Algood,Tennessee