Anyone using a Westell WireSpeed DSL modem with Echolink.

  • Jim Thompson - W3LAP - aka:Possum
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2003
      Anyone using a Westell WireSpeed DSL modem with Echolink. If so please let me know how you configered it to run Echolink.

      I have been on the phone for three hours with Bellsouth level three tec and no luck.
      The tec attempted to set ports (5198 & 5199 UDP bi-directional and 5200 TCP outward)
      The tec finally said he could not help me any longer and tried to lay the problem on the Echolink software, I laughed in his face and said thanks for your time. I asked for a higher lever tec and he made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. ... lol

      Please only someone that is up to date with this Westell DSL modem need reply.

      NOTE: Art Fregeau, i tried everything you mentioned in your direct message and tried several times to reply to your email but your address was rejected every time.]]]

      I changed from a local dialup to Bellsouth DSL. All my other voice over ip programs work fine. But i can't connect with anyone on Echolink and no one can connect to me. I uninstalled Echolink and downloaded new version and installed. The Echolink program loads as normal, it fetches data and the users fill in. I can see who is on and the program seems to be working but i can't connect to anyone. Times out every time. I am using the external modem provided by Bellsouth.

      All help appreciated.

      ---
      73 de w3lap
      Jim Thompson  aka:Possum