Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Re: EchoStation ?

  • kc4qlp@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 6, 2003
      In a message dated 2/6/03 11:42:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, ajohnson@... writes:

      The only problem I have seen is having the EchoStation key up
      without any input.  Still not sure whats causing it.  But, if I key
      up on the repeater input it will send a courtesy tone and unkey.  It
      only happens once in a while.

      Is it possible that when your transmitter is on that some RF is getting back into the receiver? I noticed you didnt have any duplexers in the system.

      Bob Carter
      Operations/Engineering--Max Media Radio Group

      WGAI-NewsRadio 560 AM Stereo .., WCXL 104.1 Beach 104..., WQDK 99.3
      Q-Country..., WWOC 94.5 WaterCountry 94.5

      Mid-Atlantic Engineering Services--providing radio stations with engineering
      services in the middle eastern Atlantic area.
      e-mail:matlnenginerinsc@...
      Chief Engineer--WRCS-AM 970 Ahoskie NC
                                 WBXB-FM 100.1 Edenton NC
                                     WURB-FM 97.7 Windsor NC
                                         Ray Communications Radio Network

      AM Stereo Radio list moderator-----
      amstereo-subcribe@...

                             KC4QLP  Amateur Radio
                      Skywarn monitor-AKQ-Wakefield Va
                                 www.kc4qlp.cjb.net
      Echolink node # 56704 -- 146.590 VHF,440.850 UHF (PL 131.8)
    • Kg4LMU_John <kg4lmu@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 6, 2003
        I have heard of other stations having the same problem some sysops
        have opted to go to the older version's of echolink.

        --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Johnson <ajohnson@s...>"
        <ajohnson@s...> wrote:
        > I am running both EchoLink and EchoStation on the same PC at the
        > same time. I am using two sound cards. I use VOX on both for
        > receive keying. http://www.nmt.edu/~tara/repeater/index1.html
        This

      • Alan Johnson <ajohnson@satx.rr.com>
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 6, 2003
          Bob,
          Thanks for the input. The system as it is setup now has receive on
          UHF and XMIT on two. I have also played with two antennas and a
          dummy load on XMIT. The thing I find interesting is after the xmtr
          hangs I can key a HT on the input and the system will unkey. I have
          a set of cans that I plan to use to put it all on UHF. Just have to
          find the time to tune them.

          Alan
          K9CTF