Re: EchoStation ?

  • Alan Johnson <ajohnson@satx.rr.com>
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 6, 2003
      I am running both EchoLink and EchoStation on the same PC at the
      same time. I am using two sound cards. I use VOX on both for
      receive keying. http://www.nmt.edu/~tara/repeater/index1.html This
      URL shows how to lash it together.

      The only problem I have seen is having the EchoStation key up
      without any input. Still not sure whats causing it. But, if I key
      up on the repeater input it will send a courtesy tone and unkey. It
      only happens once in a while.

      Alan
      K9CTF
      EchoLink 66353
    • kc4qlp@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 6, 2003
        In a message dated 2/6/03 11:42:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, ajohnson@... writes:

        The only problem I have seen is having the EchoStation key up
        without any input.  Still not sure whats causing it.  But, if I key
        up on the repeater input it will send a courtesy tone and unkey.  It
        only happens once in a while.

        Is it possible that when your transmitter is on that some RF is getting back into the receiver? I noticed you didnt have any duplexers in the system.

        Bob Carter
        Operations/Engineering--Max Media Radio Group

        WGAI-NewsRadio 560 AM Stereo .., WCXL 104.1 Beach 104..., WQDK 99.3
        Q-Country..., WWOC 94.5 WaterCountry 94.5

        Mid-Atlantic Engineering Services--providing radio stations with engineering
        services in the middle eastern Atlantic area.
        e-mail:matlnenginerinsc@...
        Chief Engineer--WRCS-AM 970 Ahoskie NC
                                   WBXB-FM 100.1 Edenton NC
                                       WURB-FM 97.7 Windsor NC
                                           Ray Communications Radio Network

        AM Stereo Radio list moderator-----
        amstereo-subcribe@...

                               KC4QLP  Amateur Radio
                        Skywarn monitor-AKQ-Wakefield Va
                                   www.kc4qlp.cjb.net
        Echolink node # 56704 -- 146.590 VHF,440.850 UHF (PL 131.8)
      • Kg4LMU_John <kg4lmu@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 6, 2003
          I have heard of other stations having the same problem some sysops
          have opted to go to the older version's of echolink.

          --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Johnson <ajohnson@s...>"

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 6, 2003
            Bob,
            Thanks for the input. The system as it is setup now has receive on
            UHF and XMIT on two. I have also played with two antennas and a
            dummy load on XMIT. The thing I find interesting is after the xmtr
            hangs I can key a HT on the input and the system will unkey. I have
            a set of cans that I plan to use to put it all on UHF. Just have to
            find the time to tune them.

            Alan
            K9CTF