Re: Instructions for Uploading Images and Video Related to the Columbia Accident

  • Bill <KB3GUN@swronline.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
      The reason it probably isn't on a government server is due to new
      homeland security regulations. This keeps the .gov servers isolated
      from bad uploads. Just a guess...

      Bill-KB3GUN

      --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, "A10382" <a10382@s...> wrote:
      > Hi Jim,
      >
      > Just be advised that although this info appeared on a NASA .gov
      site, the upload system is in a .com domain -- 38.201.67.72 resolves
      to the system:
      > "nasastage.nasa.psiweb.com" NOT a government domain
      >
      > ------
      > I saw this originally posed on an AMSAT mailing (without reference
      to the NASA posting ) and was originally suspicious, remembering
      similar requests after the Challenger accident. In that case, some
      media hounds set up a PO box in DC and asked folks to send in their
      photos and recordings.

      > One of the SAREX list major information contributors did assure me
      that the web site is in fact being used by NASA. I would still
      question why they did not use a nasa.gov site and post the URL
      instead of the IP address ??

      believe may be of aid in the investigation of the Space Shuttle
      Columbia accident, NASA has established a special location on the Web
      where Internet users may upload their media files to be reviewed by
      NASA.