Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Instructions for Uploading Images and Video Related to the Columbia Accident

  • A10382
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
      Hi Jim,

      Just be advised that although this info appeared on a NASA .gov site, the upload system is in a .com domain -- 38.201.67.72  resolves to the system:
      "nasastage.nasa.psiweb.com"  NOT a government domain

      ------
      I saw this originally posed on an AMSAT mailing (without reference to the NASA posting ) and was originally suspicious, remembering similar requests after the Challenger accident.  In that case, some media hounds set up a PO box in DC and asked folks to send in their photos and recordings.

      One of the SAREX list major information contributors did assure me that the web site is in fact being used by NASA.  I would still question why they did not use a nasa.gov site and post the URL instead of the IP address ??

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
        The reason it probably isn't on a government server is due to new
        homeland security regulations. This keeps the .gov servers isolated
        from bad uploads. Just a guess...

        Bill-KB3GUN