Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] FRIDAY HUMOR

  • A10382
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 24, 2003
      Mi dos centavos:

      A little humor is fine.

      A joke or good quip thrown into a post is fine

      A weekly joke (better if it was at least a radio related joke) is also fine with me.

      I actually save a very few of the 'better' ones ( the ones that make ME laugh )...

      However, when a noticeable number of posts are non-radio related, then it is time to tell the poster to place them elsewhere - no matter what the content.

      73, Frank
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 24, 2003
        There is a simple solution to this problem. If you want to read jokes and
        post jokes, join a Joke List. This list is for Echolink topics. A joke
        once in awhile is fine but if you want to read and post jokes please do so
        in the Joke Groups. That is the reason each Group has a title. The title of
        this group is ECHOLINKHAMS not to be confused with THE_JOKE_OF_THE_DAY
        Group. So, lets move on and make sure our posts relate to Echolink.
        Thanks,
        Joe N3FKQ

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 24, 2003
          In a message dated 1/24/03 7:27:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, a10382@... writes:

          However, when a noticeable number of posts are non-radio related, then it is time to tell the poster to place them elsewhere - no matter what the content.

          73, Frank

          Sadly though I've seen more traffic on the other Echolink reflector than I have this one.We all can "cry" about the type of traffic on this reflector,but if no one contributes anything relating to Echolink, etc..who is to blame?   All of us.   The group is only as good and active as its members.So lets do less griping and more get the conversations rolling here regarding Echolink.

          I'm almost certain that world war 3 will be started over something sillier than all of this.

          73's

          Bob Carter
          Operations/Engineering--Max Media Radio Group

          WGAI-NewsRadio 560 AM Stereo .., WCXL 104.1 Beach 104..., WQDK 99.3
          Q-Country..., WWOC 94.5 WaterCountry 94.5

          Mid-Atlantic Engineering Services--providing radio stations with engineering
          services in the middle eastern Atlantic area.
          e-mail:matlnenginerinsc@...
          Chief Engineer--WRCS-AM 970 Ahoskie NC
                                     WBXB-FM 100.1 Edenton NC
                                         WURB-FM 97.7 Windsor NC