Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] FRIDAY HUMOR

  • Howard
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 24, 2003
      I think most subscribers have not spoken about this.  I joined this email reflector to learn more about Echolink.  I'm already receiving email from 4 other Ham reflectors and this is the only one that seems to be concentrating on sending jokes.  If you want to start a humor group then do that, I would prefer to have discussions about the possibilities and uses of Echolink and other traditional Ham Radio methods.  My Echolink folder seems to be 80% full of humor and instead of more interesting subjects.  I'm not angry like the previous poster who referred to Sunday comics, but I think that the jokes should be kept down to a minimum, this is supposed to be a Ham Radio group, not a comic group, hihi.

      73,
      Howard Baldwin - N1HW
      ARES EC Torrington, CT
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 24, 2003
        Mi dos centavos:

        A little humor is fine.

        A joke or good quip thrown into a post is fine

        A weekly joke (better if it was at least a radio related joke) is also fine with me.

        I actually save a very few of the 'better' ones ( the ones that make ME laugh )...

        However, when a noticeable number of posts are non-radio related, then it is time to tell the poster to place them elsewhere - no matter what the content.

        73, Frank
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 24, 2003
          There is a simple solution to this problem. If you want to read jokes and
          post jokes, join a Joke List. This list is for Echolink topics. A joke
          once in awhile is fine but if you want to read and post jokes please do so
          in the Joke Groups. That is the reason each Group has a title. The title of
          this group is ECHOLINKHAMS not to be confused with THE_JOKE_OF_THE_DAY
          Group. So, lets move on and make sure our posts relate to Echolink.
          Thanks,
          Joe N3FKQ

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 24, 2003
            In a message dated 1/24/03 7:27:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, a10382@... writes:

            However, when a noticeable number of posts are non-radio related, then it is time to tell the poster to place them elsewhere - no matter what the content.

            73, Frank

            Sadly though I've seen more traffic on the other Echolink reflector than I have this one.We all can "cry" about the type of traffic on this reflector,but if no one contributes anything relating to Echolink, etc..who is to blame?   All of us.   The group is only as good and active as its members.So lets do less griping and more get the conversations rolling here regarding Echolink.

            I'm almost certain that world war 3 will be started over something sillier than all of this.

            73's

            Bob Carter
            Operations/Engineering--Max Media Radio Group

            WGAI-NewsRadio 560 AM Stereo .., WCXL 104.1 Beach 104..., WQDK 99.3
            Q-Country..., WWOC 94.5 WaterCountry 94.5

            Mid-Atlantic Engineering Services--providing radio stations with engineering
            services in the middle eastern Atlantic area.
            e-mail:matlnenginerinsc@...
            Chief Engineer--WRCS-AM 970 Ahoskie NC
                                       WBXB-FM 100.1 Edenton NC
                                           WURB-FM 97.7 Windsor NC