Re: KIDS DAY - SCR info too

  • Jon Dickason
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2003
      can we designate one conference for kid's day? similar
      to what we have planned for School Club Roundup, 2nd
      week in Feb.:

      N2LEN and I exchanged emails about School CLub Roundup
      (SCR) and he was all for it. Len will setup a
      conference room for SCR. We can make contact there and
      move off to another conference or direct connect.

      Technically it's not legal for the SCR contest, but
      some of us are in it more for kid to kid contacts than
      ARRL points.

      N2JAC, Explorer Post 621 leader and 6th grade Radio
      Coach

      www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/scr.html
      www.qsl.net/n2jac
      rochesterham.org

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • kg4lmu_john <worldwidemd@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2003
        Sounds like a start Jon I know my kids will be home from school
        tommarrow. From what I understand A.R.R.L. is posting times of 1600
        to 2100. I think all we need is the proper authorization from one of
        the conference server sysop when can get the word out via echolink
        and ECHOLIKHAMS Yahoo groups...

        In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, Jon Dickason <jondickason@y...>
        wrote:
        > can we designate one conference for kid's day? similar
        > to what we have planned for School Club Roundup, 2nd
        > week in Feb.:
        >
        > N2LEN and I exchanged emails about School CLub Roundup
        > (SCR) and he was all for it. Len will setup a
        > conference room for SCR. We can make contact there and
        > move off to another conference or direct connect.
        >
        > Technically it's not legal for the SCR contest, but
        > some of us are in it more for kid to kid contacts than
        > ARRL points.
        >
        > N2JAC, Explorer Post 621 leader and 6th grade Radio
        > Coach
        >
        > www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/scr.html
        > www.qsl.net/n2jac
        > rochesterham.org

        > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Pazzola, Anthony
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2003
          KIDS DAY  JAN, 4  2003    AT THE SCHENECTADY MUSEUM, LOCATED AT KNOTT TERRACE IN SCHENECTADY, NY. IT WILL BE AN OPEN HOUSE FEATURING AMATEUR RADIO,  THERE WILL BE A VHF STATION SET UP AS WELL AS A COMPLETE HF OPERATIONS (160-10 METERS)  AS WELL AS A SATELLITE POSITION. THIS EVENT WILL RUN FROM  12  NOON TO 5 PM THIS SATURDAY
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
            thanks to WASH_DC conference for advertising kid's day. We were on
            around 1800-2000 UTC and talked to one kid, Jason. Luckily we found a
            couple on HF too. We had four 10-11 year olds visit our club station
            and they had fun. I hope we hear more kids on for the summer kid's
            day.

            N2JAC