KIDS DAY JAN.4 2003

  • kg4lmu_john <worldwidemd@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2003
      Well havent seen any info on echolink or eqso concering any event
      information. If you or someone you know has any info please post your
      info?
    • Jon Dickason
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2003
        can we designate one conference for kid's day? similar
        to what we have planned for School Club Roundup, 2nd
        week in Feb.:

        N2LEN and I exchanged emails about School CLub Roundup
        (SCR) and he was all for it. Len will setup a
        conference room for SCR. We can make contact there and
        move off to another conference or direct connect.

        Technically it's not legal for the SCR contest, but
        some of us are in it more for kid to kid contacts than
        ARRL points.

        N2JAC, Explorer Post 621 leader and 6th grade Radio
        Coach

        www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/scr.html
        www.qsl.net/n2jac
        rochesterham.org

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • kg4lmu_john <worldwidemd@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2003
          Sounds like a start Jon I know my kids will be home from school
          tommarrow. From what I understand A.R.R.L. is posting times of 1600
          to 2100. I think all we need is the proper authorization from one of
          the conference server sysop when can get the word out via echolink
          and ECHOLIKHAMS Yahoo groups...

          In ECHOLINKHAMS@yahoogroups.com, Jon Dickason <jondickason@y...>
          wrote:
          > can we designate one conference for kid's day? similar
          > to what we have planned for School Club Roundup, 2nd
          > week in Feb.:
          >
          > N2LEN and I exchanged emails about School CLub Roundup
          > (SCR) and he was all for it. Len will setup a
          > conference room for SCR. We can make contact there and
          > move off to another conference or direct connect.
          >
          > Technically it's not legal for the SCR contest, but
          > some of us are in it more for kid to kid contacts than
          > ARRL points.
          >
          > N2JAC, Explorer Post 621 leader and 6th grade Radio
          > Coach
          >
          > www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/scr.html
          > www.qsl.net/n2jac
          > rochesterham.org

          > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • Pazzola, Anthony
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2003
            KIDS DAY  JAN, 4  2003    AT THE SCHENECTADY MUSEUM, LOCATED AT KNOTT TERRACE IN SCHENECTADY, NY. IT WILL BE AN OPEN HOUSE FEATURING AMATEUR RADIO,  THERE WILL BE A VHF STATION SET UP AS WELL AS A COMPLETE HF OPERATIONS (160-10 METERS)  AS WELL AS A SATELLITE POSITION. THIS EVENT WILL RUN FROM  12  NOON TO 5 PM THIS SATURDAY
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
              thanks to WASH_DC conference for advertising kid's day. We were on
              around 1800-2000 UTC and talked to one kid, Jason. Luckily we found a
              couple on HF too. We had four 10-11 year olds visit our club station
              and they had fun. I hope we hear more kids on for the summer kid's
              day.

              N2JAC