Ad-aware5.83 A fix for audio breakup problems?

  • Kim & Steve Merrill
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2002
      Those that are interested:
      Ad-aware5.83 is a "free" multi spyware removal utility designed for all
      Win9x / ME / NT40 / W2000 platforms.

      It scans your system for components of known spyware parasites and lets
      you remove them safely.

      It is updated frequently.

      Ad-aware is made by Lavasoft and winner of "PC World's 20th World Class
      Awards 2002".
      http://www.lavasoft.nu

      This download worked for me. Echolink runs much smother now after
      running this Ad-aware program. Less audio breakup problems, gaps,
      burps, cutoffs.... Good overall improvements. Please don't
      misunderstand. It's not making adjustment to the sound card or mixer.
      I can still get audio clipping if I over adjust the mic gain. The
      computer just seems to runs better. Almost no glitches!

      I finally rid myself of all the pesky little buggers. Those hidden
      popup programs that seem to turn on and off by themselves. Not viruses,
      but darn close. Ad-aware detected and helped remove over 100 components
      on my system. Stuff my normal virus scan protection didn't or couldn't
      pickup.

      Look out for Kazza. This MP3 download platform is full of spyware. I
      learned this when my daughter came home from Collage and loaded it into
      this computer. After the Kazza uninstall, I still could not find and
      remove all the spyware till I came across Ad-aware.

      One last note:
      Before using Ad-aware to remove the targeted components, make a backup
      of the event. The backup engine is built into the program and easy to
      use. This way you can choose to undo any of the actions that were
      taken.

      Sorry if this sounds like an ad. It's just great when you find
      something free that works.

      Hope this can help others out there running Echolink!
      73@be good
      Steve KB1DIG ;-)