Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] Proton69 /secure system dispute.

  • Tony Langdon, VK3JED
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2002
      At 04:21 AM 28/07/2002 +0000, you wrote:

      >echolink there back on the air! To see the system challenged because
      >of minor problems shows lack of interest within the core of the
      >entire ham radio family. The biggest thing you here about today in

      The "minor problems" originate from some Government
      authorities. Personally, I'd like to see a lot of these problems go away,
      but we have to live with them.

      >general radio is the lack of new ticket holders. I beleive and haven
      >proven that echolink will fill that niche thats missing within the
      >ham radio community. As I said but this is my personal opinion but
      >the fact remains it is a landline based/cable system and to count on
      >such systems in worst case scenerio's is not dependable.

      Well, it adds to our diversity. It could also be that a disaster occurs
      during a major geomagnetic storm, and HF is useless on the day. The more
      modes we have, the better odds that at least one of them will work! :-)

      73 de Tony, VK3JED
      http://vk3jed.vk.irlp.net