Re: [VOIP_RADIO] Sunday afternoon Christian Fellowship Net

  • John Klokis
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
      good afternoon Mike. This is John Klokis K3JK from Kulpmont, Pa.  I have just joined Echolink and would participate in your christian net from 3 to 4 on Sunday.  I play guitar in our church Praise Band and leave for practice at 4:00 from my house.  But I would be glad to check into the net before I leave for Praise Band practice, if life and family responsibilitites allow me to.  I am in actice Christian fellowship, and I am a believer in our Lord, Jesus Christ.

      John Klokis K3JK, ham operator primarely Morse Code

      Good evening everyone. After being on these 2 email lists for a while and seeing how organizations like dodropin.org and various clubs have been hosting echolink based nets including the "Family Net" which I check into Wednesday and Friday morning at 10, I decided it would be great to have one on Sunday afternoons say between 3 and 4. It would be a time for like minded beleivers to get together and chat about their faith, what God has done for them, favorite scriptures, etc. There could even be times of prayer for anyone who would like that. Since this would be a Christian net, I would not remain connected to WA1REQ-L (as Mike is a self-proclaimed agnostic) or KB2ITR-L. Interested stations would have to connect to me directly. Any repeater, link, or conference server would connect in out of their owners' free will. Before I schedule the first get-together of the echolink Sunday Afternoon Christian Fellowship Net, I would like to find out how much interest and participation there would be. If you would be interested in such a net please let me know. Thanks and God bless all.

      Mike in Wells Maine W1MWB (node# 195040 on 147.420MHZ)

    • Paul (N8YYD)
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
        Let me know when and where and I'll try to be there. Great idea.

        Paul N8YYD
        Salt Rock, WV

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
          >Hi My name is Cliff And I would be interested in the Net
        • Mike Biasin
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
            Hi Cliff. I've added your email address to the group in my address book who have responded to my message. As it stands now, the plan is to start doing this on March 15th at 3-4pm eastern time or 2000-2100UTC. The node number is #195040. Feel free to stop by and say hi anytime.

            Thank you for your interest in the Christian fellowship net and I'll talk 2u soon.

            Mike W1MWB

            >Hi My name is Cliff And I would be interested in the Net

          • Bert Morton
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
              Hi Mike,

              My name is Bert and I'm interested as well,,

              >Hi My name is Cliff And I would be interested in the Net

              17:46:00