No TX on Echolink! Help!

  • Dan Hensley
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
      OK, I've been doing Echolink for quite a while now and have never had this problem. I have a working desk mic that is sending audio through the computer and out of the speakers clear as a bell.

      I go to TX on Echolink at the test server or any other connection and the result is that the system is showing "TX" but that blue line isn't showing up and at the test server although it shows TX, there is no audio going through and the recording comes back without any audio, proving that no TX is truly happening.

      This is aggravating now. I've checked all the computer stuff from connections to the firewall and everything else. Nothing I can come up with.

      Thanks for any help and 73,

      Dan - KC9NCF
    • captcurt2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2008
        Hi Dan:

        Make sure that the mic input in the recording channel of the windows
        mixer panel hasn't been muted or leveled down all the way.

        Curt KU8L
      • Dan Hensley
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2008
          I looked at that and it's good. Everything has been checked and works well except this one issue, arrrggghhh!