Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] sprint dsl

  • John N4SHX
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 3, 2002
      If you are using a Firewall, set it on Medium setting and seeif that helps. I have Verizon DSL and had to do that to mine, to get it to work. John-N4SHX
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
        Mmm!make sure you echolink setting are ok,do you have an ok connection to the internet when using the ethernet card to surf websites?

        i am also using an ethernet card,and having huge amounts of bother just now,it ran for months with no bother at all,and now its up in the air.

        may be the best place to know what has happend with you is go yahoo groups,search for echolink,enter your details and post there,i am sure there will be some one who can put there finger on your problme and point you in the right direction.

        regards brian gm7jds

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
          Thanks Brian,

          Yes, it connects to all web sites. Every thing works
          on echolink except it jus wont connect to anyone.

          I will check my settings.

          Thanks and good luck.

          Bill wd4brp
          --- brian reid <gm7jds@...> wrote:
          > Mmm!make sure you echolink setting are ok,do you
          > have an ok connection to the internet when using the
          > ethernet card to surf websites?
          >
          > i am also using an ethernet card,and having huge
          > amounts of bother just now,it ran for months with no
          > bother at all,and now its up in the air.
          >
          > may be the best place to know what has happend with
          > you is go yahoo groups,search for echolink,enter
          > your details and post there,i am sure there will be
          > some one who can put there finger on your problme
          > and point you in the right direction.
          >

          > regards brian gm7jds

          HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
          http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
        • BILL CARTER
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
            OK John

            I'm not using a firewall. I might call sprint to se
            if they have any suggestions.

            Thanks
            Bill WD4BRP

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
              Thanks LLoyd

              I keep reading this but when I enter 192.168.1.1 into
              broswer, i cant see how to enter this information.
              The screen that comes is different than what I see in
              the help section.

              Thanks
              Bill

              --- lloyd mitchell <lloydm75@...> wrote:
              > Have you allowed access to ports 5198 and 5199?
              > That usually is the
              > problem..
              >

              > Lloyd KD4HTW

            • Johnny Shepherd
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
                start your browser then type in the address bar http://192.168.1.1 in the password screen leave user blank and admin for password
                I keep reading this but when I enter 192.168.1.1 into
                broswer, i cant see how to enter this information.
                The screen that comes is different than what I see in
                the help section.

                Thanks
                Bill

                --- lloyd mitchell <lloydm75@...> wrote:
                > Have you allowed access to ports 5198 and 5199?
                > That usually is the
                > problem..
                >

                > Lloyd KD4HTW

              • n4wwc
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
                  If I'm not mistaken, don't DSL modems have built in firewalls? Seems
                  a friend of mine using Bellsouth's DSL modem service said his did.

                  If so, you'll need to configure the ports within that firewall to UDP
                  pass ports 5198 and 5199.

                  As to how you do this on that modem is a mystery to me if I'm even
                  close to being right.

                  --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@y..., BILL CARTER <carterwg@y...> wrote:
                  > Thanks Brian,
                  >
                  > Yes, it connects to all web sites. Every thing works
                  > on echolink except it jus wont connect to anyone.
                  >
                  > I will check my settings.
                • John N4SHX
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
                    Contact John, KG4LMU he helped me configure mine to get it working. John-N4SHX