Re: [ECHOLINKHAMS] sprint dsl

  • lloyd mitchell
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 3, 2002
      Have you allowed access to ports 5198 and 5199? That usually is the
      problem..

      Lloyd KD4HTW

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
          Mmm!make sure you echolink setting are ok,do you have an ok connection to the internet when using the ethernet card to surf websites?

          i am also using an ethernet card,and having huge amounts of bother just now,it ran for months with no bother at all,and now its up in the air.

          may be the best place to know what has happend with you is go yahoo groups,search for echolink,enter your details and post there,i am sure there will be some one who can put there finger on your problme and point you in the right direction.

          regards brian gm7jds

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
            Thanks Brian,

            Yes, it connects to all web sites. Every thing works
            on echolink except it jus wont connect to anyone.

            I will check my settings.

            Thanks and good luck.

            Bill wd4brp
            --- brian reid <gm7jds@...> wrote:
            > Mmm!make sure you echolink setting are ok,do you
            > have an ok connection to the internet when using the
            > ethernet card to surf websites?
            >
            > i am also using an ethernet card,and having huge
            > amounts of bother just now,it ran for months with no
            > bother at all,and now its up in the air.
            >
            > may be the best place to know what has happend with
            > you is go yahoo groups,search for echolink,enter
            > your details and post there,i am sure there will be
            > some one who can put there finger on your problme
            > and point you in the right direction.
            >

            > regards brian gm7jds

            HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
            http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
          • BILL CARTER
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
              OK John

              I'm not using a firewall. I might call sprint to se
              if they have any suggestions.

              Thanks
              Bill WD4BRP

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
                Thanks LLoyd

                I keep reading this but when I enter 192.168.1.1 into
                broswer, i cant see how to enter this information.
                The screen that comes is different than what I see in
                the help section.

                Thanks
                Bill

                --- lloyd mitchell <lloydm75@...> wrote:
                > Have you allowed access to ports 5198 and 5199?
                > That usually is the
                > problem..
                >

                > Lloyd KD4HTW

              • Johnny Shepherd
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
                  start your browser then type in the address bar http://192.168.1.1 in the password screen leave user blank and admin for password
                  I keep reading this but when I enter 192.168.1.1 into
                  broswer, i cant see how to enter this information.
                  The screen that comes is different than what I see in
                  the help section.

                  Thanks
                  Bill

                  --- lloyd mitchell <lloydm75@...> wrote:
                  > Have you allowed access to ports 5198 and 5199?
                  > That usually is the
                  > problem..
                  >

                  > Lloyd KD4HTW

                • n4wwc
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
                    If I'm not mistaken, don't DSL modems have built in firewalls? Seems
                    a friend of mine using Bellsouth's DSL modem service said his did.

                    If so, you'll need to configure the ports within that firewall to UDP
                    pass ports 5198 and 5199.

                    As to how you do this on that modem is a mystery to me if I'm even
                    close to being right.

                    --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@y..., BILL CARTER <carterwg@y...> wrote:
                    > Thanks Brian,
                    >
                    > Yes, it connects to all web sites. Every thing works
                    > on echolink except it jus wont connect to anyone.
                    >
                    > I will check my settings.
                  • John N4SHX
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
                      Contact John, KG4LMU he helped me configure mine to get it working. John-N4SHX