sprint dsl

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 3, 2002
      I signed up for Sprint dsl service hoping to improve my sucess with
      Echolink.

      Now after signing up everything works well except echolink. I had to
      add a Linksys ethernet 10/100 card.

      The specific problem is that I cannot connect to any stations. I am
      not using multiple computers. The only reason I added the network
      card was so I could connect the dsl modem.

      I miss Echolink. Please any suggestions ?

      Bill WD4BRP
    • lloyd mitchell
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 3, 2002
        Have you allowed access to ports 5198 and 5199? That usually is the
        problem..

        Lloyd KD4HTW

        I signed up for Sprint dsl service hoping to improve my sucess with
        Echolink.

        Now after signing up everything works well except echolink. I had to
        add a Linksys ethernet 10/100 card.

        The specific problem is that I cannot connect to any stations. I am
        not using multiple computers. The only reason I added the network
        card was so I could connect the dsl modem.

        I miss Echolink. Please any suggestions ?

        Bill WD4BRP

        Broadband?�Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access.
      • John N4SHX

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
            Mmm!make sure you echolink setting are ok,do you have an ok connection to the internet when using the ethernet card to surf websites?

            i am also using an ethernet card,and having huge amounts of bother just now,it ran for months with no bother at all,and now its up in the air.

            may be the best place to know what has happend with you is go yahoo groups,search for echolink,enter your details and post there,i am sure there will be some one who can put there finger on your problme and point you in the right direction.

            regards brian gm7jds

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
              Thanks Brian,

              Yes, it connects to all web sites. Every thing works
              on echolink except it jus wont connect to anyone.

              I will check my settings.

              Thanks and good luck.

              Bill wd4brp
              --- brian reid <gm7jds@...> wrote:
              > Mmm!make sure you echolink setting are ok,do you
              > have an ok connection to the internet when using the
              > ethernet card to surf websites?
              >
              > i am also using an ethernet card,and having huge
              > amounts of bother just now,it ran for months with no
              > bother at all,and now its up in the air.
              >
              > may be the best place to know what has happend with
              > you is go yahoo groups,search for echolink,enter
              > your details and post there,i am sure there will be
              > some one who can put there finger on your problme
              > and point you in the right direction.
              >

              > regards brian gm7jds

              HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
              http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
            • BILL CARTER
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
                OK John

                I'm not using a firewall. I might call sprint to se
                if they have any suggestions.

                Thanks
                Bill WD4BRP

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
                  Thanks LLoyd

                  I keep reading this but when I enter 192.168.1.1 into
                  broswer, i cant see how to enter this information.
                  The screen that comes is different than what I see in
                  the help section.

                  Thanks
                  Bill

                  --- lloyd mitchell <lloydm75@...> wrote:
                  > Have you allowed access to ports 5198 and 5199?
                  > That usually is the
                  > problem..
                  >

                  > Lloyd KD4HTW

                • Johnny Shepherd
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
                    start your browser then type in the address bar http://192.168.1.1 in the password screen leave user blank and admin for password
                    I keep reading this but when I enter 192.168.1.1 into
                    broswer, i cant see how to enter this information.
                    The screen that comes is different than what I see in
                    the help section.

                    Thanks
                    Bill

                    --- lloyd mitchell <lloydm75@...> wrote:
                    > Have you allowed access to ports 5198 and 5199?
                    > That usually is the
                    > problem..
                    >

                    > Lloyd KD4HTW

                  • n4wwc
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
                      If I'm not mistaken, don't DSL modems have built in firewalls? Seems
                      a friend of mine using Bellsouth's DSL modem service said his did.

                      If so, you'll need to configure the ports within that firewall to UDP
                      pass ports 5198 and 5199.

                      As to how you do this on that modem is a mystery to me if I'm even
                      close to being right.

                      --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@y..., BILL CARTER <carterwg@y...> wrote:
                      > Thanks Brian,
                      >
                      > Yes, it connects to all web sites. Every thing works
                      > on echolink except it jus wont connect to anyone.
                      >
                      > I will check my settings.
                    • John N4SHX
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
                        Contact John, KG4LMU he helped me configure mine to get it working. John-N4SHX