Echolink + IC-V8000 Issue

  • Mister Bad Wrench
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2007
      Hi Group,

      Not sure if i can post but guess the moderators will tell me. I
      currently operate an echolink node with the IC-V8000 2 meter radio.
      Some months ago i discovered the link's audio was not it's normal
      volume. Checked the computer sound card settings, checked the radio's
      volume setting. But everything checked out except the rf side audio
      was still very low but readable if you were to strain your ear listing
      while the volume on your radio know was at maximum. After i swapped
      out IC-V8000 radios found that on the circuit board the copper trace
      under the electronic capacitor on the left middle of the circuit board
      had shorted out. When i checked after doing that solder repair job
      the audio returned to normal but the mic input audio from tracing
      forward from the mic input pin on the RJ-45 connector the audio from
      rf side feeding into the echolink internet direction has no mic audio.
      I checked the radio's power out on a rf power meter. It's able to
      key up the transmitter. On the receive incoming the radio's
      transmission is heard but no audible sound is heard when speaking into
      the microphone. Since the microphone is not required to be hooked up
      with my uli interface board with echolink running the microphone is
      working so troubleshooting has made me believe that the problem lays
      in the microphone circuitry where a component has shorted out but this
      is where the investigation is haulted. I would like to contact icom
      since they manufactured this radio but thought to share with the group
      and maybe someone has had this issue willingly to help me. Thanks in
      advance. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2008 to the group and
      their families. 73 for now.