2 iss school contacts 6th 10th october 2007

  • ian abel
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2007
      2 iss school contacts 6th 10th october 2007
      On Saturday, 6 October 2007, starting at approximately 19:12 UTC,
      there
      will be an ARISS contact between the ISS and the Prairielands
      Council, Boy
      Scouts of America, Space Jamboree Camp Robert Drake in Champaign
      Illinois
      USA via the telebridge amateur radio ground station VK4KHZ in
      Australia. Please join us in listening to this event.

      On Wednesday, 10 October 2007, starting at approximately 18:31 UTC,
      there
      will be an ARISS contact between the ISS and the Isummasaqvik School
      in
      Quaqtag, QC Canada, via the telebridge amateur radio ground station
      ON4ISS
      in Belgium. Please join us in listening to this event

      The audio for this event will be fed into the EchoLink *AMSAT* (101
      377)
      and *JK1ZRW* (277 208) Conference Room servers. The audio from this
      event
      will also be fed into the IRLP Discovery Reflector 9010. We hope to
      have
      good two way audio from this contact.

      As we do normally, as soon as audio is suitable for transmission over
      amateur radio, we start feeding audio of set up activities from about
      25
      minutes prior to the start of the actual contact into EchoLink for
      listeners who enjoy listening in on these proceedings.

      Please note that there are automatic breaks in the audio transmission
      every
      2.5 minutes during the event and while we listen to preparations
      going on
      for this contact. Each audio break is approximately 1 second long.
      Please
      configure your systems to not time out during times of inactivity or
      ongoing audio transmissions.

      For everyone's information and future reference. When any ARISS
      event is
      supported through the IRLP "Discovery" Reflector 9010, audio is
      automatically streamed to the Internet.

      It is then available via the "Discovery" Reflectors companion web
      site
      www.discoveryreflector.ca . Once on its main page, select "Live
      Streaming
      Audio" on the left side bar and follow the prompts.

      More directly the URL is as follows:
      www.discoveryreflector.ca:8000/listen.pls

      The audio on the Internet is typically delayed by about two minutes.

      73 de Dieter kx4y

      Dieter K. Schliemann, kx4y - zs6bbh - hs0zcn
      ARISS EchoLink audio feed team member

      1803 Roseberry Drive, Scottsboro, AL 35769-3960, USA
      Home Phone - (256) 259-3900
      IRLP node 4713, EchoLink node 47135
      Skype user ID: zs6bbh

      If you prefer not to get future notices of upcoming ARISS events with
      audio
      feeds into EchoLink, please send me an e-mail to that effect and will
      be
      glad to oblige.

      73 Ian G3ZHI

      http://www.qsl.net/g3zhi - many ham radio links