New olreans,Louisiana Via Echo link.

  • worldwidemd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2002
      There is a repeater on Echo link that links downtown new orleans. I
      met some mighty fine fella's there last night kb2rip,its nice to know
      there are good old fashioned non political people out there to talk
      too. I talked to pat for quite some time last night and we had a ball
      I plan to be on the repeater in the future. The subject of topic
      Echolink and HAM radio and its problems was discussed for quite some
      time. The question of the evening Linking Repeater VIA echolink?whats
      the rules can we if we acknowledge we are the control operator or
      what? Nobody seemed to know the answer to this question. Another
      question came up as to mandatory ackowledgement of your callsign's on
      certain repeater link's. I dont think so, I and several other's have
      Boycotted these perticuliar links to include repeaters that announce
      your callsign when you link to ther repeater than they expect you to
      announce your call sign again,then they say that you will be band
      from the machine if you dont? What is up with that? I dont beleive in
      this stipulation and wont communicate on this perticular machines.
      You dont have to on the regular ham band and you shouldnt on the
      ECHOLINK side either as far as I am concerned. Just another hams
      point of veiw.