Some help with Echolink Please

  • Neil Toombes M0CJM
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2007
      Hi

      Wonder if someone can offer a little help with Echolink.

      I downloaded and installed it last week and as expected, ports were not set up on my router
      so did the necessary setting up as per instructions and all seemed fine.
      I can now connect to nodes and I get the relavent information in the right hand window. I know
      I connect OK as i can connect to my local repeater and hear it announce my connection via RF.
      However, I am not receiving any audio on Echolink. I get the RX icon lighting up at the bottom of the
      window and the rectangulae box appears at the bottom of the screen but nothing appears in this box
      (remains empty) and I hear no sound.
      I have doenloaded the Echolink diagnostic program and I pass all of the tests with no issues.

      Any suggestions?

      Neil Toombes, M0CJM
      Basingstoke, England
    • GERALD HUSSEY
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2007
        Hi Neil if you click on TOOLS then click on SET UP, in the drop down menue
        click AUDIO in the drop down menue click INPUT & OUTPUT in the drop down
        menue make sure your soundcard shows in the thease positions .
        ANY PROBLEMS MAIL ME <gerryg4pgz@...>.
        73 de GERRY G4PGZ

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11, 2007
          Hi

          Thanks for your offer of help. Wow, i actually sent that email 3 days ago, on the 7th and it finally gets through on the 10th:-)

          I had already tried what you suggested but did another check and my soundcard is listed fine. I got the connected ping pong sound but like I said no actual audio. I have attached an image of the Echolink desktop where you can see no audio levels are appearing in the lower rectangular box even though the green RX light is on and at the same time I am actually listening to the repeater on the radio and there is alot of activity.

          Any other ideas?

          Neil, M0CJM
          Hi Neil if you click on TOOLS then click on SET UP, in the drop down menue
          click AUDIO in the drop down menue click INPUT & OUTPUT in the drop down
          menue make sure your soundcard shows in the thease positions .
          ANY PROBLEMS MAIL ME <gerryg4pgz@msn. com>.
          73 de GERRY G4PGZ

          .