EchoLink Database for travelers

  • n4wwc
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2002
      Ok guys and gals, I know you've seen many places asking you to submit
      your node info into their databases. This is another one of those
      requests.

      I'm in the process of compling a graphical representation of EchoLink
      nodes by state in the USA. The idea is much like that of what the
      IRLP people do on their website. However I'm just doing the USA and
      I'm going to break down the links into their idividual states and put
      them on a map. Click on the state you want then you can just move
      your mouse over the 'E' icon on those maps for more info on a node.

      Sorry, the information popup effect will currently only work for IE
      users. (If there are any java script experts out there that can come
      up with the effect of a little popup box like I have now that will
      work for both IE and NN, I'll definately want it. I don't like
      leaving out NN users no more than I have to.)

      I'm finding it a bit tedious to capture or add new links by state so
      I'm thinking it would be easier if I can get you guys to come to me
      and submit your node info.

      You do not need to submit your node info if you do not meet the
      following criteria:

      1. Your node is an RF node
      2. You're open 24/7
      3. You allow -L, -R and Single user connections

      To see my project under way and to submit your node if you wish,
      visit http://www.qsl.net/k4lol/ilink.htm
      Look for the map of the USA near the bottom of the page and click on
      a state to view its node info.

      Thanks to all and I'd also like some feedback on what you think of
      this idea.