router set up

  • Skip
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2007
      Hope I can get some help.
      I have a westell327 dsl modem /router, I go and do the port
      forwarding on 5198 and
      5199. When I run the test the 5200 is ok and the 5198 is too. But the
      5199 fails, I have tried different configs, still no luck.
      I am running xp pro sp2. and nortons 2006 antivirus. I have the xp
      firewall off.
      Any help would be fantastic.
      Just got my ticket and call sign came through today
      Thanks for any help
      73
      Skip KC2RKU
    • piratesailcaptain
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3 12:49 AM
        Skip: Did you goto
        http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Echolink/Echolinkindex.htm
        If not, goto that link. It will walk you through the whole process. If
        you have a firewall set up on Nortons, you will have to forward the
        ports there also. The portforward site helped me alot.

        73,
        Ken N3OPI