Static Electricity what a bummer?

  • worldwidemd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2002
      I noticed this afternoon when having a qso with both AF8x and kg4lzy
      that my speaker's for the computer were making this horrible
      crackling sound. Mind you I had been out of town the last few days.
      Well the static had built up so bad that when something even moved in
      the room it caused it to get worse after a few minutes I discharged
      all the radios and the computer and since then havent had a problem.
      What a bummer though I thought the worst to a minute to figure out
      what was going on? But its all good. I almost ordered the new radio
      shack htx-400 today but for $269.00 I figured I had better wait its a
      cool little rig though.