Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [ECHOLINK-RADIO] test

Expand Messages
  • Shadow Wolf
    might I ask you testing the e-mail service? or what WA5ZIP Shadow w8bad wrote: test
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 27, 2006
      might I ask you testing the e-mail service? or what  WA5ZIP   Shadow
      w8bad <w8bad@...> wrote:
      test


      __________________________________________________
      Do You Yahoo!?
      Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
      http://mail.yahoo.com

      __________________________________________________
      Do You Yahoo!?
      Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • w8bad
      Just testing. Sometimes things are kinda slow in yahoo. Just trying to speed things up.
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 29, 2006
        Just testing. Sometimes things are kinda slow in yahoo. Just trying
        to speed things up.


        --- In ECHOLINK-RADIO@yahoogroups.com, Shadow Wolf
        <indians_wolfs@...> wrote:
        >
        >
        > might I ask you testing the e-mail service? or what WA5ZIP Shadow
        > w8bad <w8bad@...> wrote: test
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > __________________________________________________
        > Do You Yahoo!?
        > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com
        > __________________________________________________
        > Do You Yahoo!?
        > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com
        >
      • Scott, KB3JQQ
        ... Good luck. Y! is sometimes slow to the point of taking a few days for messages to arrive and if the group has more then about 200 members, then membership
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 29, 2006
          --- w8bad <w8bad@...> wrote:

          > Just testing. Sometimes things are kinda slow in yahoo. Just trying
          > to speed things up.


          Good luck. Y! is sometimes slow to the point of taking a few days for
          messages to arrive and if the group has more then about 200 members,
          then membership changes happen as a group at some later time.

          There is nothing that can be done to speed up Yahoo.

          Welcome to our new owner.

          __________________________________________________
          Do You Yahoo!?
          Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • w8bad
          Same owner. New call. W8 Bored American Dad! ... trying ... for
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 29, 2006
            Same owner. New call. W8 Bored American Dad!


            --- In ECHOLINK-RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Scott, KB3JQQ" <kb3jqq@...>
            wrote:
            >
            >
            > --- w8bad <w8bad@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Just testing. Sometimes things are kinda slow in yahoo. Just
            trying
            > > to speed things up.
            >
            >
            > Good luck. Y! is sometimes slow to the point of taking a few days
            for
            > messages to arrive and if the group has more then about 200 members,
            > then membership changes happen as a group at some later time.
            >
            > There is nothing that can be done to speed up Yahoo.
            >
            > Welcome to our new owner.
            >
            > __________________________________________________
            > Do You Yahoo!?
            > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com
            >
          • Shadow Wolf
            cool mine is a vanity call sign WA5ZIP the zip is for my horse his aqha name is CANUZIPTHIS so 1st part ham radio zip from my horse so quess it s WA5
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 29, 2006
              cool mine is a vanity call sign WA5ZIP  the zip is for my horse his aqha name is CANUZIPTHIS    so 1st part ham radio zip from my horse   so quess it's WA5  zesty indepent person?? or just zebra india papa    WA5ZIP  Shadow

              w8bad <w8bad@...> wrote:
              Same owner. New call. W8 Bored American Dad!

              --- In ECHOLINK-RADIO@ yahoogroups. com, "Scott, KB3JQQ" <kb3jqq@...>
              wrote:
              >
              >
              > --- w8bad <w8bad@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Just testing. Sometimes things are kinda slow in yahoo. Just
              trying
              > > to speed things up.
              >
              >
              > Good luck. Y! is sometimes slow to the point of taking a few days
              for
              > messages to arrive and if the group has more then about 200 members,
              > then membership changes happen as a group at some later time.
              >
              > There is nothing that can be done to speed up Yahoo.
              >
              > Welcome to our new owner.
              >
              > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __
              > Do You Yahoo!?
              > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
              > http://mail. yahoo.com
              >


              __________________________________________________
              Do You Yahoo!?
              Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
              http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Scott, KB3JQQ
              ... Mine is sequential and will stay the same after I become general or extra. My test date is 01-07-2007. Then I ll just have to wait for the code to not be a
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 29, 2006
                --- Shadow Wolf <indians_wolfs@...> wrote:

                > cool mine is a vanity call sign WA5ZIP the zip is for my horse his aqha name is CANUZIPTHIS
                > so 1st part ham radio zip from my horse so quess it's WA5 zesty indepent person?? or
                > just zebra india papa WA5ZIP Shadow

                > w8bad <w8bad@...> wrote:

                > Same owner. New call. W8
                > Bored American Dad!


                Mine is sequential and will stay the same after I become general or extra.
                My test date is 01-07-2007. Then I'll just have to wait for the code to not
                be a requirement for me to be upgraded.

                I don't wish CW to go away. On the contrary, I hope it survives. I would
                like some bandspace specifically for CW, no other weak signal modes would
                be allowed there. I just don't believe that testing for an archaic mode is
                in the best interest of amateur radio. No tests are required for AM, FM,
                SSB, PSK31, RTTY, etc. And CW testing has not kept the lids off HF. I
                was over a friend's house last night, and his HF radio sounded a lot like
                my CB.

                Be sure to talk to a few Christmas CBer's. They need that all important
                first contact to stay with it and decide if they like radio. If you still
                hear them at the end of January, try to steer them to HAM by telling them
                there are more bands and more people to talk to. And they _don't_ have to
                give up 11 meters if they upgrade. I've still got my TRC-451 hooked up,
                and the Tuesday night SSB net is mostly hams now. It wasn't always that
                way. Five years ago, there were only a handful of hams. I've heard many
                that plan to upgrade to ham now that the CW requirement will be history.
                This can only be a good thing for ham radio and hobby 2-way radio.

                __________________________________________________
                Do You Yahoo!?
                Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • w8bad
                I really dont want to get into a CW Saga. I will just say. I agree and Disagree. I am glad it is gone for technician s but wish they would have kept and even
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 29, 2006
                  I really dont want to get into a CW Saga. I will just say. I agree and
                  Disagree. I am glad it is gone for technician's but wish they would
                  have kept and even raised the requirement to 13 wpm for extra. That
                  has always been my opinion of the situation.


                  --- In ECHOLINK-RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Scott, KB3JQQ" <kb3jqq@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >
                  > --- Shadow Wolf <indians_wolfs@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > cool mine is a vanity call sign WA5ZIP the zip is for my horse
                  his aqha name is CANUZIPTHIS
                  > > so 1st part ham radio zip from my horse so quess it's WA5
                  zesty indepent person?? or
                  > > just zebra india papa WA5ZIP Shadow
                  >
                  > > w8bad <w8bad@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Same owner. New call. W8
                  > > Bored American Dad!
                  >
                  >
                  > Mine is sequential and will stay the same after I become general or
                  extra.
                  > My test date is 01-07-2007. Then I'll just have to wait for the code
                  to not
                  > be a requirement for me to be upgraded.
                  >
                  > I don't wish CW to go away. On the contrary, I hope it survives. I would
                  > like some bandspace specifically for CW, no other weak signal modes
                  would
                  > be allowed there. I just don't believe that testing for an archaic
                  mode is
                  > in the best interest of amateur radio. No tests are required for AM, FM,
                  > SSB, PSK31, RTTY, etc. And CW testing has not kept the lids off HF. I
                  > was over a friend's house last night, and his HF radio sounded a lot
                  like
                  > my CB.
                  >
                  > Be sure to talk to a few Christmas CBer's. They need that all important
                  > first contact to stay with it and decide if they like radio. If you
                  still
                  > hear them at the end of January, try to steer them to HAM by telling
                  them
                  > there are more bands and more people to talk to. And they _don't_
                  have to
                  > give up 11 meters if they upgrade. I've still got my TRC-451 hooked up,
                  > and the Tuesday night SSB net is mostly hams now. It wasn't always that
                  > way. Five years ago, there were only a handful of hams. I've heard many
                  > that plan to upgrade to ham now that the CW requirement will be history.
                  > This can only be a good thing for ham radio and hobby 2-way radio.
                  >
                  > __________________________________________________
                  > Do You Yahoo!?
                  > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
                  > http://mail.yahoo.com
                  >
                • Scott, KB3JQQ
                  ... Let s see how EchoLink works. I m about to fire mine up and connect to the *BALT* conference server. Node 86553.
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 29, 2006
                    --- w8bad <w8bad@...> wrote:

                    > I really dont want to get into a CW Saga. I will just say. I agree and
                    > Disagree. I am glad it is gone for technician's but wish they would
                    > have kept and even raised the requirement to 13 wpm for extra. That
                    > has always been my opinion of the situation.


                    Let's see how EchoLink works. I'm about to fire mine up and connect
                    to the *BALT* conference server. Node 86553.


                    __________________________________________________
                    Do You Yahoo!?
                    Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.