Problems Setting Up RF Link

  • Pat Cook
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2006
      Hi everyone:

      I AM FINALLY TAKING THE PLUNGE!!!

      As I speak, you now see a "-L" (Without the quotes of course) next to
      my call. In fact, dare I say it, but I believe I'm one of the last
      (If not THE last) of the mohicans of the original (You can tar and
      feather if ya'll want for my uttering this next word as I go back in
      EchoLink history a little :D) iLink users.

      That said, I'm afraid the setup has not been without problems however. :(

      For starters, I can't even hear the audio coming from the Internet (It
      sub-audibly passes through the desktop speakers even though I've got
      EchoLink hooked up to my onboard sound as opposed to my SoundBlaster),
      though this can *probably* be solved by plugging a cheap external
      speakers into the front end of the radio (An ICOM IC-706 MKII-G)

      My interface board is the WB2REM/G4GDY ULI board (Just got it today).
      Have the RJ-45 hooked up properly in the only place it on the ULI and
      in the back of the ICOM (I'm using the hand mic to transmit RF locally
      as well as out to the Internet.

      I've tried EVERY conceivable combination on BOTH ends (The ULI and the
      PC) that I can possibly imagine. Nothin' I connect to the *ECHOTEST*
      server (I have NO problems connecting to servers and nodes BTW so I
      know it's NOT an issue related to modems and routers) and key my hand
      mic and ID and EchoLink just looks dumb at me as if to say "And...
      because while the radio and the ULI are talking to each other (The ULI
      goes into transmit mode when I key up the hand mic), somehow I don't
      think the radio and the computer are talking to each other.

      Either that or the ULI seems to have problems sending to the computer
      what it receives from my ICOM.

      As a footnote, I cannot attest to anything about the software I
      received or anything that only the software might be able to correct
      as its possible there may be some issues with it (Jim knows what I'm
      referring to and I'm working with him on this privately as we speak).

      But any help anyone else might be able to provide would be MOST appreciated. :D

      Cheers & 73 :D

      --
      Pat Cook, KB0OXD
      Denver, CO