This is Jerry-KE7GGV-# 283278

  • Gerald R.Gaule
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2006
      I have started a NEW NET.....ON ECHOLINK...(ECHOLINK NODE # 283278).

      This is Jerry/KE7GGV-Albany Oregon…I have been a Sleep Apneac since
      1995 and it has changed my life..I ran into WB8TGY…I decided it was
      time there was a place for this…so I started…contacting WB8TGY… it
      gave me the inspiration to do so…

      THE NET/FORUM-SUPPORT GROUP(is informal)and meets on my(ECHOLINK
      NODE # 283278) SUNDAY'S 1900 UTC(SUMMER/ WINTER)…
      ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT ME

      Ke7ggv@...
      Or
      Ke7ggv_1@...

      HAM-APNEACS
      Is a support group/forum for ANY AMATEUR OPERATOR that has SLEEP
      APNEA…or is in the process or has no information..
      Sleep Apneacs is a term for those who suffer through this sleeping
      disorder…

      If you experience any one of the following effects, you might be
      suffering from a sleep disorder called, "Sleep Apnea". Some of these
      symptoms are: Loud snoring, headaches, high blood pressure, a dry
      mouth upon awakening, heartburn, depression, difficulty
      concentration, insomnia, frequent trips to the restroom, restless
      sleep, gasping or choking immediately upon awakening, and most
      importantly, progressive weight gain. If one of these sounds
      familiar don't hesitate to mention this to your physician. Doctors
      are well aware of the Sleep Clinic and will order a study for you.
      You may even want to ask your spouse/bed partner about your sleeping
      habits.

      An individual suffering from SLEEP APNEA will go through a series of
      respiratory events called Apneas/Hypopneas. When this occurs, your
      airway will become partially or even completely blocked, causing you
      to "stop breathing" for up to 1-2 minutes at a time. Causing a chain
      of events, such as a dramatic decrease in Oxygen saturation,
      interference of sleep stages, body movements, etc. The significance
      is a very disturbed sleep cycle, which will cause excessive daytime
      sleepiness (fatigue) that can rule your day. You may ask why
      tiresome evenings can rule your day or even your life. If you've
      ever nodded off at the wheel of your vehicle, you might agree. Sleep
      Apnea is the number one leading cause of commercial driving
      accidents. So if there is any question that you may be experiencing
      Sleep Apnea do not ignore your condition. It should be taken very
      seriously.

      When you arrive to the Sleep Diagnostics Center you will be
      connected to a series of leads that will give us the information to
      determine whether you are experiencing respiratory distress. They
      are placed in various locations on the head chest and legs. You will
      be in bed by approximately 10:00-11:00pm. If your technician is able
      to highlight an average of 15 or more apneic or hypopneic events per
      hour, they will apply the therapeutics during the test. From 12:00-
      1:00am the CPAP mask will be initiated. The tech will slowly
      increase the pressure of the CPAP mask according to your individual
      needs. This will ensure that you never have another breathless
      period during the night. By lights on we will have found the correct
      settings for you and will be able to discuss your unique sleeping
      habits. Enable to permanently eliminate your unique problem; the
      CPAP will need to be worn every night. Your physician will order one
      for you. It can be a life saving experience!

      PLEASE PASS THIS TO ANY HAM...WHO GOES THROUGH THIS....