Re: [ECHOLINK-RADIO] Getting Echolink to work over a LinkSys WRT64G wireless router.

  • Gary KC2NPU
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2006
      You need to open the ports. i have echolink on multiple computers. I have in my router the same port forwarding configuration to EACH COMPUTER, disabling all computers EXCEPT the one I want at the time.

      On 2/6/06, John H. Fish <john_n4shx@...> wrote:
      Hi Folks, hope someone can help me. I recently purchased a LinkSys
      WRT54G wireless router to set up my home network. I am using a PC and
      laptop. The laptop has a built in network card. DELL Inspiron 6000.
      Echolink works fine on my PC (directly connected to the internet thru
      the router). I have downloaded and installed a fresh new copy of
      Echolink from EL website on my laptop.  I put in my call
      sign/password and everything came up right away. EXCEPT, I cannot
      connect to anyone. It fetches the data, shows alarms, favorites etc,
      but will not connect to anyone.

      I have tried forwarding the ports to the laptop, but no luck. I
      followed the directions for the "applications/gaming" section of the
      router setup. When I forward the ports to the laptop, the program
      does not connect to anyone on the PC. It will also not connect from
      the laptop. When I disable "port forwarding" alltogether Echolink
      works fine again on the PC but not on the laptop.  It connects, shows
      all the information and I can talk. Whenever I try to connect on the
      laptop, it gives me a "timeout" after 30 seconds even to the Echotest
      link.

      Could there be something in the laptop causing this problem? I
      downloaded and installed SKYPE, YM, AIM, MSN Messenger and a few
      others, that all worked right out of the box on both computers with
      no settings changed in the router. They just worked.

      I would really like to get Echolink working on my Laptop. Has anyone
      else had this same problem? If so, what steps did you take to solve
      it.

      I would appreciate any input on this matter.

      Thanks, and best of 73's, de,

      John N4SHX
      Durham, NC

      www.geocities.com/ECHOLINK-RADIO/

      Ham radio repeaters Ham radio

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      ## KC2NPU ##
      ## NYC-ARECS : Weekly Net: Monday, 2030ET 147.360/+600kHz/107.2hz ##

      AIM: KC2NPU
      Yahoo! Messenger: psycoperl (alias: kc2npu)
      MSN: kc2npu@...

      JOIN US FOR THE NYC ARECS NET MONDAYS AT 8:30PM ON 147.360/107.2 PL

      NO DAY BUT TODAY!
      ~~~ /RENT/ (J. LARSON 1996)