Re: no go on echolink

  • g1bcl
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
      --- In ECHOLINK-RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Geoff Hobson"
      <m5eay.geoff@...> wrote:
      >HI GEOFF>Working on it,got into the new rules section , but cant get
      the rules to accept,dont know why.Email me we can compare notes
      Regards MEL.
      > Snap!! I am having the same trouble, and I would appreciate if you
      find the
      > solution. I have also tried the ports suggested but it does not
      work, Eqso
      > however works fine.
      > Geoff

      Service.

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
        Re: How do you get Verizon DSL to work with EchoLink?

        ----------

        I just set up my EchoLink on Verizon DSL and the problems I
        encountered were solved after a telecon with my router manufacturer
        (Belkin) and some trial and error.
        First access the router at the specified url address(from the mfgr)
        and then turn off the router firewall and load the setup screen to
        allow UDP at the specified ports (5198 and 5199) and TCP at port 5200
        (in my case).
        I had to specify ranges to get it to accept the port numbers....5198-
        5198 for UDP 1 and 5199-5199 for UDP 2 and TCP 5200-5200. This solved
        my problem using a Belkin F5D-7230-4 wireless router hooked to a
        Verizon supplied DSL modem.

        --- In ECHOLINK-RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "g1bcl" <melvyn.gardiner@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In ECHOLINK-RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Bert Morton"
        > <hamradioguy@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Mel,
        > >
        > > Can you give me more information about your Router...model # or
        any
        > other name that is associated with it.
        > >
        > > 73,
        > >
        > > Bert W1DFU

      • Derek Hockley
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
          Gentlemen

          For what its worth, and I have not followed this thread completely I had
          similar trouible with my setup.

          The cure (after a lot of pain) was to set DMZ on in my modem and all worked
          ok from thereon.

          Regards

          Derek Hockley VK5ADH
          Adelaide, South Australia