CONNECT PROBLEM

  • g1bcl
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2005
      Hello All.Changed my computer and now running winxp home with norton
      internet security.I cannot connect(message says timed out,on test
      server).I have the port settings for sp2 but not sure how to bring the
      port setting box up to put these settings in.My router is bt broadband
      205 adsl. Does anyone know of a step by step guide and will I have to
      do something simular with norton to allow me to connect also I have
      been told to switch off windows firewall, is this correct.I had the
      link working with win98 but xp seems to be a different animal.Many
      thanks for any help/advice 73s to you all MEL G1BCL.
    • Gary KC2NPU
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 20, 2005
        Get rid of NORTON INTERNET SECURITY! It screws up everything....  your router is a good firewall....

        To open a port in the Windows Firewall... go to the Control Panel , choose windows firewalls, then choose exceptions

        KC2NPU

        On 10/19/05, g1bcl <m.gardiner@...> wrote:
        Hello All.Changed my computer and now running winxp home with norton
        internet security.I cannot connect(message says timed out,on test
        server).I have the port settings for sp2 but not sure how to bring the
        port setting box up to put these settings in.My router is bt broadband
        205 adsl. Does anyone know of a step by step guide and will I have to
        do something simular with norton to allow me to connect also I have
        been told to switch off windows firewall, is this correct.I had the
        link working with win98 but xp seems to be a different animal.Many
        thanks for any help/advice 73s to you all MEL G1BCL.

        www.geocities.com/ECHOLINK-RADIO/

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        ## KC2NPU ##
        ## NYC-ARECS : Weekly Net: Monday, 2030ET 147.360/+600kHz/107.2hz ##

        AIM: KC2NPU
        Yahoo! Messenger: psycoperl (alias: kc2npu)
        MSN: kc2npu@...

        Visit the CB12M CERT Website
        http://www.garyhotko.com/cert

        JOIN US FOR THE NYC ARECS NET MONDAYS AT 8:30PM ON 147.360/107.2 PL

        NO DAY BUT TODAY!
        ~~~ /RENT/ (J. LARSON 1996)
      • Bert Morton
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 20, 2005
          I agree completely re: Norton Internet Security !!
[...]

          Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.