Transmitter hang! Ouch!

  • n4wwc
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4 1:15 PM
      -This was posted on another board, so if you repsond here or there,
      then you don't have to respond both times.

      For you guys running EchoLink RF stations, have any of you
      experienced transmitter hangs.

      My station just did it a little while ago right after the remote
      station released his ptt as it would have appeared.

      I haven't noticed this in a while, but it has happened in the past.
      But it seems to do it right after the remote stations releases the
      ptt or disconnects.

      It turns out the last two times the remote stations had some sort of
      problem on their computer. Now my curiosity has got me wondering if
      when a remote station has a problem or a glich in their computer, is
      that causing my side to hang in transmit.

      Now I have to unplug the WB2REM board and also restart the computer.

      I've tried everything I could think of. My system resources aren't
      low on the computer, I have 86% free. So I'm just lost as to what to
      do.

      I've reported this earlier this year when it happened to the Echolink
      people, and the suggested turning of the FIFO flow controls for the
      com port. It seemed to have worked for a while, but it started doing
      it again or it was just the odds of it happening appeared lower.

      Oh well, any ideas, info, storys you can share.

      I am beginning to wonder if it's a bug of some type being generated
      if a remote station has a glitch or problem with their side and it is
      affected my side.

      Randy N4WWC-L #7327
      Bowling Green, KY

      http://www.k4lol.org/