Relay message from Dieter kx4y ISS Schedule.

  • Evans F. Mitchell KD4EFM / AFA2TH FL
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13 6:37 AM
      Hi all

      The following shows upcoming contacts between the ISS and schools:

      4/13/2005 - At 15:46UTC.  Maple Ave. School in New Hampshire USA.
      This is
      a direct contact.  If I get the audio from them via the Internet,
      I'll feed
      it into the EchoLink AMSAT and EDU_NET servers.

      4/15/2005 - At 08:57UTC.  Schulhaus Feld 1 (school) in Switzerland.
      This
      is a direct contact. I plan on feeding it into the EchoLink AMSAT and
      EDU_NET servers, if I can get the audio through the Internet.

      4/15/2005 - At 18:07UTC.  Ft. Ross California USA.  This is a direct
      contact.  But, I should get this audio via the phone line and plan on
      feeding it into the EchoLink AMSAT and EDU_NET servers.

      4/18/2005 - At 08:41UTC.  Marconi Institute in Italy.  This is a
      direct
      contact. I plan on feeding it into the EchoLink AMSAT and EDU_NET
      servers,
      if I can get the audio through the Internet.

      4/20/2005 - At 12:32UTC.  ESRIN (don't remember what it stands for)
      in
      Italy.  This is a direct contact. I plan on feeding it into the
      EchoLink
      AMSAT and EDU_NET servers, if I can get the audio through the
      Internet.

      During our audio feed into EchoLink this past Friday, a problem
      developed.  The audio stopped getting into the AMSAT server, or the
      AMSAT
      server did not continue processing it.  We have not been able to
      determine
      the point of failure at this time.

      For the next contact, I plan on feeding the audio into the Edu_Net
      server
      instead of the AMSAT server, but still connect these two servers
      together.  Please help to keep everyone quiet during the ISS - School
      transmissions, since I can not mute anyone in the EDU_NET server.  It
      will
      be interesting to see if it works better that way.  Sorry for the
      lost
      audio on Friday.

      I hope to see as many of you connected as feasible during future
      contacts.

      73 de Dieter kx4y

      Dieter K. Schliemann,  kx4y,  AMSAT life member LM-1265
      AMSAT Area Coordinator
      ARISS Coordinator for audio feeds into EchoLink

      1803 Roseberry Drive,  Scottsboro,  AL  35769-3960,  USA
      Home Phone - (256) 259-3900
      Cell Phone   -  (256) 599-0581
      IRLP node 4713,  EchoLink node 47135
      Skype user ID:  zs6bbh