RE: [ECHOLINK-RADIO] h/t info pse

  • tasyo indoy
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
      Don't you have to have a repeater that is connected to echolink or a rig that is connected to your pc that is linked in echo link before you can control the radio with the dtmf tones from your ht? Not sure since I'm new at this too.

      KG6YPJ - Aris

      M3LIO - Charles <m3lio@...> wrote:

      You don�t need the has sounds

      Basically if you wanted to connect to the *CANADA* conference, via a
      echolink RF node, you would put out your callsign and then dial in
      123799

      It should come back to you saying something along the lines of
      (Connectecting to Conference C.A.N.A.D.A" and then if it manages to
      connect, then it will say "connected".

      Likewise most UK repeaters use a shortcut system that is the same on
      them. For instance GB3HD (my local repeeater) is shortcut 707 on 99.999%
      of echolink enabled repeaters.

      The hash (#) mark disconnects the last connected station (or the last
      node the link connected to).

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2005
        Not necessarily. My local repeater node keep also has an NOV on his
        license that allows simplex internet linking with echolink.

        I am making the assumption going by what was said in the original email,
        was that he wanted to connect to echolink via an existing node with his
        handheld.

        Basically as sum1 else said, you can connect via echolink on ur pc, via
        ur own radio over RF if you have the relevent licence/NOV conditions
        allowed, or via an existing one.

        Me personally, I'm waiting for my next exam so I can get a simplex
        linking NOV on my intermediate licence. Until then, I have to use my
        local 70cms repeater or my pc.

        73
        charles