Re: h/t info pse

  • William M Melder
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
      just a further clarification, there two ways to connect to an
      EchoLink node ...computer or RF link or Repeater...since you
      mentioned that your call has been validated...only applies to
      connecting to another node via computer and running the EchoLink
      program ....anyone can connect via an RF link or Repeater ...assuming
      you can reach the EchoLink enabled RF Link or Repeater with your HT
      i hope this helps you....
      William no3y

      --- In ECHOLINK-RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "M3LIO - Charles" <m3lio@s...>
      wrote:
      > You don't need the has sounds
      >
      > Basically if you wanted to connect to the *CANADA* conference, via a
      > echolink RF node, you would put out your callsign and then dial in
      > 123799
      >
      > It should come back to you saying something along the lines of
      > (Connectecting to Conference C.A.N.A.D.A" and then if it manages to
      > connect, then it will say "connected".
      >
      > Likewise most UK repeaters use a shortcut system that is the same on
      > them. For instance GB3HD (my local repeeater) is shortcut 707 on
      99.999%
      > of echolink enabled repeaters.
      >
      > The hash (#) mark disconnects the last connected station (or the
      last
      > node the link connected to).

      05/04/2005
    • tasyo indoy

        Hello All. My call has been validated , but I am new to
        echolink,Eqso . I have heard that a H/T can be used with DTMF TONES to
        work the world . I have tryed to do this using #00,*00 , 00 ,01 etc .
        Could you inform me what I am doing wrong as I am hearing
        nothing ,wonder if it is just my location (JO02FB). Any advice would
        be most welcome. Regards MEL (G1BCL)H/T is VX5R.

        www.geocities.com/ECHOLINK-RADIO/
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        www.geocities.com/ECHOLINK-RADIO/
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Yahoo! Messenger

      • M3LIO - Charles
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2005
          Not necessarily. My local repeater node keep also has an NOV on his
          license that allows simplex internet linking with echolink.

          I am making the assumption going by what was said in the original email,
          was that he wanted to connect to echolink via an existing node with his
          handheld.

          Basically as sum1 else said, you can connect via echolink on ur pc, via
          ur own radio over RF if you have the relevent licence/NOV conditions
          allowed, or via an existing one.

          Me personally, I'm waiting for my next exam so I can get a simplex
          linking NOV on my intermediate licence. Until then, I have to use my
          local 70cms repeater or my pc.

          73
          charles