h/t info pse

  • g1bcl
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2005
      Hello All. My call has been validated , but I am new to
      echolink,Eqso . I have heard that a H/T can be used with DTMF TONES to
      work the world . I have tryed to do this using #00,*00 , 00 ,01 etc .
      Could you inform me what I am doing wrong as I am hearing
      nothing ,wonder if it is just my location (JO02FB). Any advice would
      be most welcome. Regards MEL (G1BCL)H/T is VX5R.
    • M3LIO - Charles
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
        You don’t need the has sounds

        Basically if you wanted to connect to the *CANADA* conference, via a
        echolink RF node, you would put out your callsign and then dial in
        123799

        It should come back to you saying something along the lines of
        (Connectecting to Conference C.A.N.A.D.A" and then if it manages to
        connect, then it will say "connected".

        Likewise most UK repeaters use a shortcut system that is the same on
        them. For instance GB3HD (my local repeeater) is shortcut 707 on 99.999%
        of echolink enabled repeaters.

        The hash (#) mark disconnects the last connected station (or the last
        node the link connected to).

        Hello All. My call has been validated , but I am new to
        echolink,Eqso . I have heard that a H/T can be used with DTMF TONES to
        work the world . I have tryed to do this using #00,*00 , 00 ,01 etc .
        Could you inform me what I am doing wrong as I am hearing
        nothing ,wonder if it is just my location (JO02FB). Any advice would
        be most welcome. Regards MEL (G1BCL)H/T is VX5R.

        www.geocities.com/ECHOLINK-RADIO/
        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • William M Melder
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2005
          just a further clarification, there two ways to connect to an
          EchoLink node ...computer or RF link or Repeater...since you
          mentioned that your call has been validated...only applies to
          connecting to another node via computer and running the EchoLink
          program ....anyone can connect via an RF link or Repeater ...assuming
          you can reach the EchoLink enabled RF Link or Repeater with your HT
          i hope this helps you....
          William no3y

          --- In ECHOLINK-RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "M3LIO - Charles" <m3lio@s...>
          wrote:
          > You don't need the has sounds
          >
          > Basically if you wanted to connect to the *CANADA* conference, via a
          > echolink RF node, you would put out your callsign and then dial in
          > 123799
          >
          > It should come back to you saying something along the lines of
          > (Connectecting to Conference C.A.N.A.D.A" and then if it manages to
          > connect, then it will say "connected".
          >
          > Likewise most UK repeaters use a shortcut system that is the same on
          > them. For instance GB3HD (my local repeeater) is shortcut 707 on
          99.999%
          > of echolink enabled repeaters.
          >
          > The hash (#) mark disconnects the last connected station (or the
          last
          > node the link connected to).

          05/04/2005
        • tasyo indoy

            Hello All. My call has been validated , but I am new to
            echolink,Eqso . I have heard that a H/T can be used with DTMF TONES to
            work the world . I have tryed to do this using #00,*00 , 00 ,01 etc .
            Could you inform me what I am doing wrong as I am hearing
            nothing ,wonder if it is just my location (JO02FB). Any advice would
            be most welcome. Regards MEL (G1BCL)H/T is VX5R.

            www.geocities.com/ECHOLINK-RADIO/
            Yahoo! Groups Links

            www.geocities.com/ECHOLINK-RADIO/
            Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Yahoo! Messenger

          • M3LIO - Charles
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2005
              Not necessarily. My local repeater node keep also has an NOV on his
              license that allows simplex internet linking with echolink.

              I am making the assumption going by what was said in the original email,
              was that he wanted to connect to echolink via an existing node with his
              handheld.

              Basically as sum1 else said, you can connect via echolink on ur pc, via
              ur own radio over RF if you have the relevent licence/NOV conditions
              allowed, or via an existing one.

              Me personally, I'm waiting for my next exam so I can get a simplex
              linking NOV on my intermediate licence. Until then, I have to use my
              local 70cms repeater or my pc.

              73
              charles