UK Licence question!

  • Phil
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2005
      Apolagies if I am dumb, but as a UK Intermediate licece holder I am
      not permitted to operate from outside the UK. If I connect to a node
      ouside the UK and then breakout via RF in that country, am I
      operating outside my licence, or is it where I sit (ie at my PC in
      the UK) that matters? Seems a simple question, but I all the answers
      I get seem to contradict.

      73s Phil...
    • Robert Thompson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 16, 2005
        Hello phil.
        I can understand where your comming from, it dose
        sound borderline, but while your inside the uk your
        allowed to transmit to stations outside the uk -
        echolink repeaters and links in & out side the uk are
        licensed to re-transmit messages from outside there
        own country.

        I hope that helps - i helped in with the tsunami
        relief net opperating as NCS for a 2 hour shift and i
        did check with offcom they said i'm ok to do it and
        that was using an M3 altho i was also a 2E0 at the
        same time.

        http://mail.yahoo.com