Re: Timeout before connect

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2005
      Sounds like a firewall issue. Check the echolink website for
      firewall issue's.

      --- In ECHOLINK-RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Mel" <mel_chrysalis@y...>
      wrote:

      > Does anyone know why I get a timeout and cannot connect. The test
      > link also does not work any longer.
      >
      > Mel
    • David Garrett
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2005
        wrote:

        > Does anyone know why I get a timeout and cannot connect. The test
        > link also does not work any longer.
        >
        > Mel

        I had the same problem with my internet provider, Echolink suddenly
        quit working. The provider had tightened up security for spam
        problems. Read the Help file in Echolink about firewalls. There are
        two ports that need to be opened for Echolink to work. Call you
        provider tech support and they will fix the problem. My problem was
        fixed in about two minutes. Good luck...
        Dave KA4TXY node 17902