Timeout before connect

  • Mel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2005
      Does anyone know why I get a timeout and cannot connect. The test
      link also does not work any longer.

      Mel
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2005
        Sounds like a firewall issue. Check the echolink website for
        firewall issue's.

        --- In ECHOLINK-RADIO@yahoogroups.com, "Mel" <mel_chrysalis@y...>
        wrote:

        > Does anyone know why I get a timeout and cannot connect. The test
        > link also does not work any longer.
        >
        > Mel
      • David Garrett
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 20, 2005
          wrote:

          > Does anyone know why I get a timeout and cannot connect. The test
          > link also does not work any longer.
          >
          > Mel

          I had the same problem with my internet provider, Echolink suddenly
          quit working. The provider had tightened up security for spam
          problems. Read the Help file in Echolink about firewalls. There are
          two ports that need to be opened for Echolink to work. Call you
          provider tech support and they will fix the problem. My problem was
          fixed in about two minutes. Good luck...
          Dave KA4TXY node 17902