Echolink help

  • kb1dpp1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2004
      Hey,

      I have down loaded the softwear and cant get it to work, i am running off of a Network so the computer I use echolink on is not directally connected to the internet.

       How can i get echolink to work on a network?

      jp
    • n3ypi@arrl.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2004
        You have to have access to the firewall on the network so you can set it to allow echolink to your computer. Other wise you can use Echolink proxy.

        Hey,

        I have down loaded the softwear and cant get it to work, i am running off of a Network so the computer I use echolink on is not directally connected to the internet.

        How can i get echolink to work on a network?

        jp

        www.geocities.com/ECHOLINK-RADIO/

      • Ed Barnes
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9, 2004
          Greetings JP, this question is basically how do I get echolink to work in an
          environment where NAT (network address translation) is used?
          The bottom line is that ports 5198 and 5199 udp and 5200 tcp/ip need to be
          forwarded to the pc which is running echolink.
          The howto instructions will varry depending upon the network architecture,
          any routers used on that network, and anything else between the computer
          where echolink is installed and the internet itself.
          If I can help further or if you wanna send me more details re the network
          you are on I might be able to help further.
          73 Ed - VO1ELB

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 9, 2004
            In a message dated 11/9/04 4:06:19 PM Eastern Standard Time, kb1dpp1@... writes:

            How can i get echolink to work on a network?

            jp

            Hi JP,
            When you say the other computer is on a network and isnt directly connected to the internet,can you in the networked computer access websites?

            If so,that is a good sign and probably would take a matter of configuring the proper ports to be opened to allow Echolink to operate on the networked computer.

            What type of operating system are you using and what are you using to network the computers?
            That bit of info will help in determining what and how to get Echolink operating on your networked computer.

            Bob Carter - KC4QLP
            Echolink RF node 56703 , 56704 / eQSO [RX] crosslink
            145.250 VHF repeater,440.850 UHF link,29.630 repeater
               Owner and moderator of: Echolink-Open-List@yahoogroups.com
                              AMStereo@...,Freebayhams@yahoogroups.com
                                        KC4QLP_Repeater_System@yahoogroups.com

            The net is a wild frontier.Dont like what you read,use your delete key.