Lets Ban the advertising and reminders !!!!!!!!!!! Please

  • tmoore5
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
      Can't we get rid of the "Monday Night Traders" etc and the "Swap &
      Shop" crap?? Who sees it - NOBODY and NOBODY is going to see it
      because this group is nothing but SPAM.

      Why muddy up the message list with that crap over and over? Obviously
      no one goes to these and that is why they advertise them to death -
      let's stop or no one will stay with this group. I am ready to go if I
      don't see change real soon.

      Create a place to post that stuff -- I suggest a subdirectory call -
      TRASH

      Tim
      K4JAR
    • kg4lmu_john
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
        --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@y..., "tmoore5" <k4jar@h...> wrote:
        > Can't we get rid of the "Monday Night Traders" etc and the "Swap &
        > Shop" crap?? Who sees it - NOBODY and NOBODY is going to see it
        > because this group is nothing but SPAM.
        >
        > Why muddy up the message list with that crap over and over?
        Obviously
        > no one goes to these and that is why they advertise them to death -
        > let's stop or no one will stay with this group. I am ready to go if
        > don't see change real soon.
        >
        > Create a place to post that stuff -- I suggest a subdirectory call -

        > TRASH
        >

        > Tim
        > K4JAR

        Tim
        Well we have created a Subdirectory with all the net information and
        we are in the process of cutting back some of the socalled spam. I
        built this site with the intent of giving info. I will cut the net
        reminders to 1 per day. We can also see you havent been to many of
        these nets for the simple fact that there alot of people that go to
        certain nets personal preferance I guess. We will cut back though If
        your getting to many e-mails I would suggest changing your membership
        to receive daily digest or no e-mail. If you come to the site often
        enough you arent going to miss anything.
      • Kenneth Harris
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
          tim, i have to agree with bobby, if you dont wanna see
          or hear a trader, or any other net, then you really
          are one of the few and you might should find the area
          of ham radio that does interest you, maybe there is a
          nice empty freq that you would rather talk on...
          thanks for the opinion, i am sorry that i can not
          agree and support your findings, as i am one of the
          many that want to see this HOBBY advance.

          thanks!
          Ken Harris
          K5KDI (echolink node 30490)
          --- brradioman <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          > Tim sorry you feel that way about the monday night
          > trader net and
          > other net's.I am the net control of the monday night
          > trader net and
          > i dont think it spam or crap myself,I have been
          > calling this net for
          > long time on monday night and have had no
          > problems.The one that line
          > to check in and list gear forsale trade or wanted do
          > so and one that
          > just want to checkin also do so.
          >
          > I have alway sayed to those that dont like the net
          > HEY DONT LISTEN
          > to it go to another frequency or node.I think there
          > room for lots of
          > other net on echolink and times for those that like
          > to join in can
          > and those that dont want join in.
          >
          > Ham Radio is just a hobby and there so many part of
          > ham radio that
          > no one person going to like them all.I have a
          > echolink station here
          > running and it open to all that want to use it,Some
          > ham's in my area
          > love it and some dont mess with it.But it here and
          > on line for
          > everyone to use when they want to.
          >
          > So like John replyed set your information to not
          > forwared all email
          > out and set it to read when you log on that will
          > stop the cap as you
          > call it on your computer.
          >
          > 73's from Bobby N2BR {Monday Night TRADER NET }
          >

          > --- In ECHOLINKHAMS@y..., "tmoore5" <k4jar@h...>
          > wrote:
          > > Can't we get rid of the "Monday Night Traders" etc
          > and the "Swap &
          > > Shop" crap?? Who sees it - NOBODY and NOBODY is
          > going to see it
          > > because this group is nothing but SPAM.
          > >
          > > Why muddy up the message list with that crap over
          > and over?
          > Obviously
          > > no one goes to these and that is why they
          > advertise them to death -
          >
          > > let's stop or no one will stay with this group. I
          > am ready to go
          > if I
          > > don't see change real soon.
          > >
          > > Create a place to post that stuff -- I suggest a
          > subdirectory
          > call -
          > > TRASH
          > >

          > > Tim
          > > K4JAR

          http://finance.yahoo.com
        • tmoore5
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2002
            You guys might misunderstand my post. I don't listen to the nets and I
            know how to turn things off (emails). What I meant was to log onto
            this group and try to read the messages and all you see are ads for
            nets. I come here for help and to help and would like to see more of
            that and LOTS LESS "come to my net" stuff. Have that in the "Please
            visit my node" section and those wishing info on where to visit a net
            could visit that spot.

            It's a suggestion. I didn't assume it would go over as it would put
            this group to sleep without them I guess.

            I am just trying to make this place more attractive to visitors - do
            as you wish.

            s'37