Re: Frances / Thank you All ! A need for Training ( Classes )

  • kf4vgx
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2004
      > You Guys did great!
      > ---
      > Tommie Taylor
      > Lampasas Skywarn Weather Repeater
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/CenTexStormSpotters
      > 145.330- 162.2T (SWLynx) / 444.875+ 88.5 (Echolink)
      > http://ctsslampasas.org
      > Centex Storm Spotters Group (CTSSG) YAHOO: CenTexStormSpotters
      > Saturday 7PM, 145.330 - tone 162.2, EchoLink, 146.720- 88.5
      (Temple)
      > KC5YVU-R EchoLink Node #28821
      > ICQ# 166128088 for Non_Hams to check In
      >
      > WEEKLY "HURRICANE" Net
      > SATURDAY EVENINGS AT 7PMCST ON REPEATER ABOVE
      > AND ECHOLINK VoiceOverIP NODE#28821
      > A1 Custom Mugs
      > http://a1cmugs.com
      Training ( Classes )

      > In a message dated 9/5/04 7:49:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      kf4vgx@h... writes:

      > Its time to educate and offer others how to run a Net ,using
      VOIP .
      > Also what types of reports should be giving to NC .
      >

      > I strongly agree! Had it not been for a computer problem in the
      start of my backup shift and trying to run a college ballgame on the
      radio station here at the same time...[ never fails to get geared up
      to do something and something monkeys it up ]..I would have probably
      reminded folks that it was a directed net,etc etc etc.
      > Some weird things occured around the 9ish pm hour yesterday and
      it seems that my system wasnt the only one effected by some
      strange "burp" with the internet.

      > Of course the computer here is lucky it didnt meet "mr. baseball
      bat" and get a quick trip out the front door....lol
      > Got some "freezing up" issue squared away today on my echolink
      conference server node computer...so things should be in order for
      Ivan
      > [knock on wood]
      >

      > Bob Carter - KC4QLP
      > Echolink RF node 56703 , 56704 / eQSO [RX] crosslink
      > 145.250 VHF repeater,440.850 UHF link,29.630 repeater
      > Owner and moderator of: Echolink-Open-List@yahoogroups.com
      > AMStereo@s...,Freebayhams@yahoogroups.com
      >

      > The net is a wild frontier.Dont like what you read,use your
      delete key.

      > www.geocities.com/echolinkhams/
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Great website,
      Now to get the classes organized , as to how and what is expected
      while using Echolink or other VOIP connections!

      We need help to support the Nets time frame ,what nights and if
      others are interested.

      The thing to do before we waste our time it to post this net in
      different groups and see if we can be of service.

      73 KF4VGX

      There are quite a few here that cna help if you will please.