Announcing Javecho - Java powered Echolink

  • w5ggw
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2004
      I've been working on a Java based echolink client for some time.
      There have been some problems with the Sun JVM audio subsystem that
      are finally fixed in JDK1.5. So, I would like to solicit some beta
      testers of my software that would be interested in helping to
      evaluate it. This will require some technical abilities beyond the
      average bear for now. If you are an experience Java software
      engineer, I'm interested in that as well.

      Everyone can go to http://javecho.dev.java.net to look at the
      screenshots there. If you want to try it out, you'll need to
      download and install Sun's JDK1.5 beta-2 JRE on either Linux or
      Windows. MacOS-X has an Apple port of Java that might work as is. I
      have some indications that it works, but not sure. So, if you are a
      MacOS-X user and can help do some testing, that would be appreciated.

      What is my goal? I want to create an echolink client that that ham
      community can extend with interesting modules to allow VOIP
      integration with other aspects of Amateur Radio. That's a pretty
      wide open goal! Look over the web site, and if you have questions or
      comments, send me an email.

      Gregg Wonderly - W5GGW